AuthorTopic: [WIP] Super Paper Mario Character Sprites  (Read 3132 times)

Offline Saxamaphone

• wut
    • View Profile

[WIP] Super Paper Mario Character Sprites

on: February 25, 2008, 10:14:40 am

Okay, as you can tell I have the basic look and feel of how I wanted it. Though, things that bug me is the way the neck is, maybe I need to make it more V-neck or ovalled. The next thing is the shoes, version on the left or right? I don't know.

I'll be adding shading. Later though, just posting this to get save it and maybe get a few advices.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 09:12:17 am by Saxamaphone »

Offline I Am Uh

• I feel... Saturated to some degree, out of tone.
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Paper Mario

Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 01:14:14 pm
The neck doesn't look right because he has one. (or one is showing at least) Look at the reference, do you see a neck? you need to make the rest of his head. And make the outlines 2 pixel width, it'll give it a more papery feel.
They say evil prevails when good men fail to act. What they oughta' say is...
Evil prevails.
 - Yuri Orlov, (Nicholas Cage) "Lord of War"
Mother is God in the eyes of a Child...  - Rose Da Silva (Radha Mitchell) "Silent Hill"

Offline lilwing

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 03:09:05 am
yes, there is no neck in your reference photo. looks like you forgot his chin. his hat should be wider with that proportion. the top one looks the best, so i encourage you to work on that one first. before you continue, maybe you should do some sketches so that you become more familiar with that composition; it may seem rather simple, but when you try to recreate it, it's best that you know every little nook and detail.

Continue to work on the piece, you have a great start!

Offline Saxamaphone

• wut
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 09:11:47 am

I actually just outlined the head and I think it gives him more of a redefined look...

Also, update with a preview at Tippy and Red, the bridge keeper.