AuthorTopic: SolidSnake NES/GB sprite, using the limitations to my advantage  (Read 7527 times)

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile
Thats pretty clever Conceit how you reversed the arm animation.

I did an edit. I just felt the feet looked a little like flippers. I added his butt. Probably broke the frame restrictions. Just for you to consider, not necessarily better.

Just for everyone's edjumacation: those cheap bastards at Psgnosis also passed off a 5 frame anim as a 10 frame anim for benefactor.

Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline chriskot

• View Profile
That's better, but I think that the way that his bandanna waves is not quite as smooth as it was before (because of the doubling up of frames #3 and 4).
I can't think of any good way to fix that and keep it down to 4 frames though.

I like shraprm's edit. Somehow having a butt makes it look like he's leaning further into the run.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT
Thanks for the edit SharpRM (sorry bout getting the spelling wrong :p ever think about using capitals in it like that?) but I think I've had quite enough of Snake's butt in every game after MGS....did you see those MGS4 gameplay previews? we had to look up his crotch AS he humped the floor to move forward. Kojima seems to enjoy giving Snake tighter and tigther underwear as he gets older O_o he says it's because we'll be staring at his butt for most of the game so he wants detail. Personally I'd prefer some creaces instead of Snake's buttcrack.

I know about the flipper-ish thing, but I happen to think that makes it look smoother...I like the effect, also I noticed what you did with the arms...I'm not going exactly the same way...I want to keep the shape of the arms a little less obvious so it doesnt look as his arms are bare, but I did change the arms so they didnt seem to change SO arbitrarily at every frame.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 11:19:55 pm by Conceit »