AuthorTopic: Less is More  (Read 3097 times)

Offline MadToaster

• View Profile

Less is More

on: November 30, 2005, 06:28:08 pm

I think that in the past my work has been too large to really benefit from the whole pixel by pixel approach to composition. I'm gonna start working smaller. Here's my first attempt to make a sprite that would fit on screen in a portable game. Any feedback on the result  is appreciated.   :)

Offline Enichan

• Rawr n__n
    • View Profile

Re: Less is More

Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 08:41:20 pm
I'd use the lighter brown you used on the highlight on the viewer left leg to at least define the torso a bit and probably outline the chest, because right now it's a little -too- undefined, if you ask me. Makes it look unfinished.

Other than that, very good use of very few colors. The features are really well defined, save for that chest thing. Doing sprites like this is bound to be a timesaver too.

Offline Bo

• View Profile

Re: Less is More

Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 10:04:31 pm
there are two unessesary colors in the sprite, both are on his left(our right) arm.
the first is a red color only used for 2 pixels in the outlines of the arm(i guess that you had a red lineart)
the other is a shade just to the left of the top of those red pixels that looks almost identical to the color its next to.