AuthorTopic: For the fun of pixeling  (Read 3090 times)

Offline DayDream

• View Profile
    • spriteattack.com

For the fun of pixeling

on: November 30, 2005, 02:20:03 am
Hi... It's been while since I have done some pixel work just for the fun of it... too much work [ most of it being flash and vector stuff lately  :-[ or covered by NDAs  :-\ :-\]. Here's a quick bunch of pixels thrown together due to lack of motivation to tackle the pile of work on my desk after coming back from a short vacation and my first post on this forum [C&C welcome].

Offline Chilly

• n.n /
    • View Profile

Re: For the fun of pixeling

Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 02:47:43 am
Adorable little elf guy. If he wore a green cap I would've thought he was Link!

Nice use of AA as well, but I think it's a bit over done in some areas. (And yes, I know how you like to use that AA brush. XD) I'm just glad to see you posting again! : D

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 03:02:45 am
the sheer fun of pixeling? I swear...at this point I almost feel like I dont even know what that is anymore....it'll pass when I wake up though :p

Man...that guy looks...well, he really looks like your post...desperate =) it's like you were drawing yourself trying to hold up your little sword and keep slashing trough all that work.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 04:37:45 pm
Hey Chris, good to see you posting here again :)
You'll notice the atmosphere to be alot more opener than former days, they even praised Hase instead of bashing him like they used to :)

On to the piece. Face expression and shading are pretty spot on, like always :). Palllette, though nothing innovative, works perfect. You really handled the hair well, I like the loose strands on the pony...

Now, for the crits. The anatomy isn't really top I think. I'm going to use left and right from our viewpoint, not the characters. Right arm is pressed too much against the body, the shoulder suggests something different. The left and right leg are different lengths, considering foreshortening the right one should actually be taller, right now it's smaller. The left leg looks like jelly :)

Now, this is pretty solid as a standalone piece, but I think if you were to try and animate it, these things would come out, nothing major though