AuthorTopic: CD Artwork  (Read 6911 times)

Offline fil_razorback

• Captain of a ship without a name
    • View Profile
    • Partisan - Tactics Battles

Re: CD Artwork

Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 07:42:11 pm
Looks fantastic !
What kind of band is that ? =)

On a more technical side, my only crit is that the angle of the first row of buildings is completely different from the background's.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 08:41:44 pm
awesome stuff!

is it me or is the lizard shaded in a completely different style than the rest?

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 09:40:02 pm
I think adding some highlights to the lizard monster would help it merge with the rest of the piece.  :y:
It's lower hand is smaller than the other, you may want to look at that too.

Awesome stuff, good luck with it!

Offline dreamisle

• Software Engineer/Puzzle Author
    • View Profile
    • Dave Goes the Distance

Reply #13 on: February 25, 2008, 05:56:29 am
Very awesome work - I seriously envy you on this one.

One slight thing I noticed no one else pointed out - will the back of the book blend well with the tray background? They have the same background but that street part isn't continued on the tray background from the left. Even if you just carried in a portion and then had it break off into nowhere like a cliff it might look nicer than just having it stop at the edge of the booklet.

All in all great work :)

ETA some of the text on the back cover appears have more leading (line spacing) than the other text - mainly the first line of track listings - there's a couple pixels of extra space below it.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 05:58:00 am by dreamisle »

Offline Hooch

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 10:29:55 pm
Hello, I finally signed up after lurking for a while around here just because I love this piece so much. I hope its not too late to give my tips for it (eg its gone to press already).

I wrote a big block of text about making sure you have a bleed on the art but on closer inspection it looks like you already have included one. So my other advice was to make sure once you're done to scale it up to 300 dpi yourself. You don't want some noob pre-press guy doing it for you and using bicubic instead of nearest neighbour.
I think having the pixels any larger as was suggested would make it more obvious if the trimming is slightly off, as it isn't very precise in terms of cutting between 2 pixels or even straight for that matter.

I think the street lights need a little tweaking, at the moment they look like they are pointing onto the footpath, not the road. Either shading or the angle they are on is causing that, not sure.

I wasn't sure about Ixis' comment about making the leaflet seamless, I liked the idea of having some of it contunue and some not. Then then I realised you could just make the building in the 'space' side futuristic versions of the current ones (I assume they are the buildings on the flying chunk of rock in the background of the other picture). This way they could flow on from the other buildings but still fit in with the space area. Not too sure how this would fit in with the story you are telling though, as in, it would mean the monster is attacking the flying city not earth.

Who's Sam?