AuthorTopic: Collective works  (Read 3856 times)

Offline Azgardes

• Personal text goes here
    • View Profile

Collective works

on: February 10, 2008, 04:36:45 am
Okay so I guess I made myself a style. Here it is:

I like it cause it requires not too much detail. But obviously this style is horrible to represent height in proportional ways, short people are basically impossible in this style. Anyways, from left to right; my character (with several different pallets, though blue is the one it is) female aezeir (a race of people in a story I'm thinking of writing), male aezeir, linearts, Shawn in my style and then Ted's head. Can I get some C+C on the style, the shading for the characters in the brown background (Shawn and Ted are just there for other examples) and any ways to improve the style? Also I'm just curious, what palette do you like the most?

Offline thedaemon

• thedaemon
    • View Profile
    • personal website

Re: Collective works

Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 07:13:34 pm
You are in need of AA bad. All of the palettes look the same, very boring. I like the overall style you are going for, it just needs more work.
gemini://thedaemons.space
https://thedaemons.space

Offline TomF

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 09:05:06 pm
I think these have some potential, I like the 6'7" character especially. As far as the shading goes: more hue shifting, less pillow shading.

Offline Azgardes

• Personal text goes here
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 11:55:02 pm
You are in need of AA bad. All of the palettes look the same, very boring. I like the overall style you are going for, it just needs more work.
Where exactly do I need the AA? Also, yea the palettes are very similar because I was testing which one fits best. The blue one is the only one I'm keeping.

I think these have some potential, I like the 6'7" character especially. As far as the shading goes: more hue shifting, less pillow shading.
Thanks. Also, for hue shifting, it doesn't necessarily make a piece look better imo, but I guess I can try it. It might add a little interest. And as for pillow shading I made sure there wasn't any, but I might have missed something. Care to point it out? Also, I tried shading from one angle or another and it looked horrible so I kept with a frontal lightsource.

EDIT: Just tried the hue shirting, really it looked worse then the blue palette that stands.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 12:16:04 am by Azgardes »

Offline Jacky-Boy

• Roman Candle
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 12:56:23 am
Here's an example of some pretty simple hue shifting in your robot, but I reckon you could take it further. I hope it helps

Mine>Yours

« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 12:58:25 am by Jacky-Boy »
TAKE A KEY FOR COMING IN!

ConceptArt Sketchbook

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 05:57:03 am
These suffer from pillow shading.  I suggest you reconsider your light source.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.