AuthorTopic: Bad day at the office - Generic zombie mockup [wip] - update  (Read 4492 times)

Offline vedsten

• boo
    • View Profile
Here goes:

1. draft - 2. draft

-

Thought I'd get some input before i start shading away.

c&c appreciated, espec. on anatomy + i'm trying to figure out what kind of weapon the guy should have, but i can't come up with anything remotely original, so yeah, if you have an idea let me hear.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 02:48:09 am by vedsten »

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

Re: Bad day at the office - Generic zombie mockup [wip]

Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 05:47:25 am
With some imagination it already looks like a swingline stapler :D, that's a unique office weapon.
The "hero" has a picasso esque face. By that I mean his mouth looks tilted and skewed and the left (his right) eye seems a bit low.
Do you plan on keeping this grayscale? Or changing it to some color? I have no problems with the gray but I think the use of a single color would be nice. Red seems to be an obvious choice. I like it, keep it up.

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 05:57:33 am
A phone handset.

I like this...I think it would be amazing with color.  Biggest thing right now is the protagonist's  face, like JonathanOfDrain said--it just feels...messy and unreadable.  Maybe with color you can bring it out and define it more? :P
Also, background stuff, like the door and the fallen picture could use aa, but I'm sure they already had it coming to them...just making sure.

Good luck.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 03:03:45 pm
when I was a kid we made a movie where one of the heroes fought zombies with a waffle-iron. You can probably give him just about anything your mom ever told you not to play with - houses are delightfully jam-packed with lethal objects.
I mild from suffer dislexia.

Offline vedsten

• boo
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 02:47:15 am
Thanks for the comments!

I chose a molotov, not very original nor something you would find in an office, but it gives me the opportunity to do some nice lightning.
However, it's turning out to be hell shading wise, been working on it for the past two days, starting and starting over, and finally, i feel im on the right track. Obviously still very wipish

Behold~

Let me know what you think
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 02:48:55 am by vedsten »

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Re: Bad day at the office - Generic zombie mockup [wip] - update

Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 02:59:50 am
At the moment, the molotov reads more like a candle than a bottle full of flammable liquid with a flaming rag in it.

Also want to point out the purple lighting on the middle arm coming through the door--feels a tad bit out of place right now...really breaks whole realistically-shaded continuity  you got going.  But who knows? I guess you still got plenty of time to prove it's purpose  ;)

Really nice though; coming along great.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Re: Bad day at the office - Generic zombie mockup [wip] - update

Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 06:56:10 am
Must say I preferred the original face. It had much more expression. This new one seems to have his chin lay flat against his neck.