AuthorTopic: [WIP] Modern warrior  (Read 2902 times)

Offline Khantali

• View Profile

[WIP] Modern warrior

on: January 30, 2008, 03:21:23 pm
Well, this is my 2nd pixel art, I didn't finish my first because I hadn't spent enough time on the line art. I'm still not done with this one's line art. His right foot is messed up, not to mention the sword.

Well, I know y'all will probably say that it would be better drawn,  but I WILL convert it to pixel art size once I'm done with the rough line art, and remember, the lineart won't be black in the finished picture.

The idea for this picture was to take "Modern warrior" literally, if you will notice, his briefcase, with a few added parts :D is a shield. I'm still thinking about what to do with the sword to modernize it. I'm not done with the face either, I was thinking a bowler hat.

C+C?

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Modern warrior

Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 03:36:34 pm
His right arm is too tense. It should bend a little, no one locks their elbows like that.

The sword.... maybe a pen? like an uber-huge one? i'm sick so i can't think real well....

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 10:20:24 pm
If you're intending on pixeling this at any reasonable size, this sketch is waaay too huge to justify it.  If you're going to work small, start small.  Anatomy, volume, posture, balance, and perspective problems abound.  Your line weights are unplanned and poorly thought out and it shows.  No idea what's going on with the collar area at all.

Offline Khantali

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 10:51:08 pm
Thanks everybody! :) I was thinking a pen too, with... Like a sword point coming out or something...

A special thanks to AdamAtomic for making me realize my mistakes, and although the crit was harsh, I think it will help me in the long run. Thanks again!

Well I converted it to "pixel" size, I have 15 colors in the palette, but only 6 in the drawing. I will start the AA and shading asap.

I also did an overhaul on the pose, making it more proportional and anatomically correct, I do realize there are some mistakes, but just tell me what's wrong with the pose, and I'll try to fix it. I admit I'm a noob, so my stuff isn't pleasing to look at, but y'alls crits will help me along the way to my dream!

Don't take his face too seriously :D