AuthorTopic: WIP Head Sprite (Another)  (Read 2999 times)

Offline Korvo

• View Profile

WIP Head Sprite (Another)

on: January 25, 2008, 07:17:47 am

I am having alot of trouble with the hair and it just doesn't seem to turn out the way I want as far as shape goes. Also, I am having trouble getting how the bangs would go for a side view and would appreciate help with this. So, if possible I would like c+c on hair and if you wish, the face.

Thanks.

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Re: WIP Head Sprite (Another)

Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 02:25:44 pm
I'd stick to trying to make more readable than anything else, as its a small canvas you can't really afford to make and small details so adding in thin hairs won't help. Stick to clumps and remember the where the head is underneath the hair, even draw it in so the thickness is consistant all around. A good trick is also to mirror the face to check so one side isn't massively different than that other in terms of style or size.

I think the eyes come out too far either side, I'd personally keep it simplier. And your AAing is banding slightly, pull it as close to the outlines as possible to make really easily read.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 02:29:26 pm by Terley »
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline Korvo

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 12:22:18 am
Awesome that looks great the hairstyle is definatley what I was trying to achieve. I tried to use these tips to create the side view and I personally feel it didn't turn out so bad.

c+c please :D
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 12:28:51 am by Korvo »

Offline Crow

• Technicanimal
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 06:31:22 pm
Its pretty obvious that you just copied and pasted parts of the hair in Terley's edit. I dont think you should do that.
Discord: Ennea#9999

Offline Korvo

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 07:39:51 pm
Oh...Sorry, I was using it as an example to try and do what he did and I guess I looked to closely. I will try again without looking at it and have an update soon enough.

UPDATE:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 07:53:29 pm by Korvo »