AuthorTopic: [WIP]Danger Dinosaur Danny et Werewolf Game Mockup  (Read 30941 times)

Offline Arne

• Panties.
    • View Profile
    • AndroidArts

Re: [WIP]Danger Dinosaur Danny et Werewolf Game Mockup

Reply #40 on: April 07, 2008, 07:36:28 am
Sorry for the reduced colors, I'm being sloppy.

In her animation, the hip seem to be at the skirtline, which makes her look like a 'longcat' running around. Worked for Link in WindWaker though... anyways, I think since she has a skirt it would be better if she showed her panties more uh I mean that it animated along with the legs so it feels like a dynamic piece of cloth. Right now it feels more like a swimsuit when she's running.

(and I still have to work on my poses)

« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 07:39:25 am by Arne »

yosh64

Reply #41 on: April 07, 2008, 11:02:07 am
hey

Going back to the dinosaur, I think the leg looks like it is turned much to far inwards and looks odd to me.

I think Alevice's edit makes it look turned even more, and I don't think Arne's edit suits the upper body nor do they look like dinosaur hips/legs or something to me.

Hmm, I think you should just stick to the originals but change the perspective so they go in the same line/direction as the dinosaur. I also think you need to think about the functionality of the legs, as I don't see how they would even function in their current state. I think the legs in Arne's edit look far more functional, but they just don't look like those of such a dinosaur.

edit

Here is a quick edit I done to try to fix the perspective, although they don't look very functional. Anyhows I'm no expert on perspective, and have only done what I think looks more correct.

cyas
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 11:29:53 am by yosh64 »

Offline Lazycow

• Do androids dream of electric sheep?
    • flurrycow
    • flurrycow
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/15168.htm
    • View Profile
    • homepage

Reply #42 on: April 07, 2008, 05:27:55 pm

I like this one... (whatever it is) And it should twinkle!  ::) (SCNR)
A man touched down on the moon, a wall came down in Berlin, a world was connected by our own science and imagination. Yes we can!

Offline Elk

• Choice Architect & Nudger
    • elkdarkshire
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/4683.htm
    • darkshire
    • darkshire.elk
    • View Profile

Reply #43 on: April 08, 2008, 05:38:42 pm
the character design reminds me alot of project wiki from webzen XD

but really cute and nice =)!
Open for business
elkdarkshire@gmail.com
Elk#2299

Offline Willows

• View Profile

Reply #44 on: April 09, 2008, 11:58:53 pm
I believe all the freakiness of the animation can be blamed on the angle at which the character is running. She's running out of the screen, which is probably usual for platformer sprites, but it's either too much or... done wrong?

Can't put my finger on how, made an edit and might as well post it.

Yep. The most notable thing I did was change the angle at which she's running... which murders most of the work you've done :(

Here's your original, for comparison's sake:

Offline Anything!

• View Profile

Reply #45 on: April 11, 2008, 05:07:12 am

I think I made her look too old or something for you, but hey-- take from this what you will. :3

I tried to make her look more mature, aloof-- something that supercool male main characters tend to have, to make her seem like a dominant type of person, maybe even feral? I dunno-- I do hope you take my suggestion for the hair, though. v: Shape looks more natural.

Edit

So, from what I can assume from the game idea, is that the girl/woman can transform into a werewolf.

To fit said role, I usually think that the character would have a bit of a 'wild' look upon them, maybe even a 'canine' look upon them. But I found that I liked her 'clean-cut' look so much, that I simply went along with the style and decided to simply modify her physical features.

I like those independent-I-can-do-it-without-yer-help type of gals. X3 So I thought perhaps only one hand on her hip, to show a bit of 'tood, seemed something to explore...?  :yell:  Also, most of the males I've met have that mindset, to want to do things on their own. Perhaps the masculinity could come off through her attitude?

I'm not too sure about that, but about her eyes... I tried to make them alike to her canine alter-ego. She definitely lost a bit of cuteness there, but I thought it looked good.. @____@

But I thought maybe the hair would be nice to follow up on. It would be quite the contrast to be /that/ cleaned-up, while having a beast form. It does look a little more natural. XD

Well, I tried explaining. I still can't explain myself well...  D:

Edit(2):

Just realized that the position I did could either mean she's got one hand on her hip, or both hands at her hip at an angle.... owell. XD

-- and hey, just asking, but were you planning to do idle animations?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 06:25:32 am by Anything! »

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #46 on: April 11, 2008, 06:17:10 am
Seems like everybody else have things covered for you in terms of crits, so iid just like to say I like the aesthetic of the mockup so far, very pleasing style.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #47 on: April 12, 2008, 10:04:46 pm
Time for update! ;D

Small update on the run: Her left arm is farther back and her thigh shows ;). Tried to incorporate criticism with minimal work.
Actually, there's more then that, but I never uploaded the second newest version which was made like, months ago.

Update on werewolf based on Xion's critique.

Couldn't get a 'twinkle' to look right so I just made it jiggle :P

Thanks to Xion again for critique on the trees (haven't implemented some of the stuff he talked about on IRC)

And now onto talking:

Ryumaru and Elk:
Thanks, both of ya'll! :crazy:

Anything!:
I'm happy with the hair, personally, and the Princess Leia hair doesn't do much for me so I don't plan on changing it. If anything does happen to it, it will probably be getting longer.
On the pose though, I dunno, I guess I'll try changing it. At the very least, that one or two pixel change on the hand you did makes it look a lot better.
Eyes: Again, I prefer mine.
Idle Animation: Unsure. Probably won't be for the character, but since I already made one for the jelly cricket... I dunno.

Arne:
Not sure if you were actually being serious, but I tried to incorporate the run animation criticism, hence the thigh now showing now.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Anything!

• View Profile

Reply #48 on: April 12, 2008, 10:15:09 pm
Princess Leia... hair? XD

Sure, jus' trying to help. :3

The... werewolf looks like he's doing some kind of dancing. You know, sliding along the ground, all Thriller-like. I'm not too sure how to describe it, but... D:

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #49 on: April 13, 2008, 01:41:19 am
Run animation - maybe should have torso or head rotate. Currently, each leg and arm seems to be on a plane thats on a different angle to each other. Like her left leg seems to be on a plane thats rotated say 30 degrees from centre.

Is her body too tall for her legs?

edit: btw, really like the mockup. Great that u have made background stand out from foreground, and characters stand out from both.  :y:
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi