AuthorTopic: [WIP]Danger Dinosaur Danny et Werewolf Game Mockup  (Read 30945 times)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Re: [WIP]Danger Dinosaur Danny et Werewolf Game Mockup

Reply #30 on: February 01, 2008, 08:42:44 pm
Needs more shoulder and hip rotation.
The arm timing seems a bit off. Yeah, especially the red.
The legs seem kind of choppy. Nor really pendulum-like, with the fastest parts at the depth of the swing.
The upper thigh needs more movement. For a second it seems 'bout still.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #31 on: February 01, 2008, 09:11:07 pm

Made non-transparent so it's easier to see the blue parts.
Better?
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #32 on: February 02, 2008, 06:11:15 pm
Yeah, legs 're much better, but the red arm's timing is still whack.
I'd edit but I can't.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #33 on: February 03, 2008, 11:10:54 pm

Almost forgot to post this!
Thanks to AdamAtomic for helping me with this.
Just need to tweak the deformation of the arm a little then I'll start blocking in the colors, but in the meantime, I cannot use my tablet so argh fuck. :'(

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #34 on: February 04, 2008, 07:10:17 am
Appendages aren't quite done (Lacking in shading and details.), but I'm done working on it for the day :).

Mainly I'm interested in knowing if the movement of the dress with the hips is 'working'. :)

Offline Lazycow

• Do androids dream of electric sheep?
    • flurrycow
    • flurrycow
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/15168.htm
    • View Profile
    • homepage

Reply #35 on: February 04, 2008, 08:51:06 pm

Hi Sherman,

here's a quick&dirty "reality-check". I was not sure what movement type you intended, so I tried the easiest one. Did you have anything in mind? The girl is moving unaccellerated with 4x2 pixels in a direction on each animation frame. In slowmo-mode you see the girl "hovering" over the ground. While this would be a problem on a slow walking-animation, I think this could maybe not bother anyone at full running speed.

Keep up the good work!
CU ;) Lazycow
A man touched down on the moon, a wall came down in Berlin, a world was connected by our own science and imagination. Yes we can!

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #36 on: February 05, 2008, 12:56:58 am
Oh! Lazycow. Hello :).
Looks like you got everything up and running, huh? Not sure what you mean "reality check", but that's not too important is it?
The first animation is good (Though having context makes me realize how fucked up that back arm's movement still is)! The frames are at pretty much the exact speed they should be. It might be better if she moved slightly faster, like an extra pixel per frame at that framerate for the animation. Of course, though, since the wolf form will be moving faster, that change might be too fast for human form. :-\

Also, we need to decide something on the tiles. Either the character (We still need a name for her now that I think about it :-[) moves behind the foreground objects (little rocks and stuff) or I should make the surface more clear. (Or I guess we could leave it this way but something about it just seems... eh)
I'm neutral eitherway, so I leave this choice up to you. Of course, take note the caves have a lot of little bumps compared to say the castle or even the outside.

Also, in regards to animations and power ups (I might have addressed this before?):
Wolf form should be easier to animate since there are less 'rules' then when animating an actual human (Though that might just make it harder), so I could probably get stuff there done fairly easily and quickly.
I'll be better able to estimate just how much I could do after the basics.

I just now noticed: When she's not moving in the animations, the back pixel of her hair is cut off.

Also... maybe this reply should have been in the form of a PM instead of a thread reply...

With much love,
  Lorne

Offline Alevice

• View Profile
    • DevArt gallery

Re: [WIP]Danger Dinosaur Danny

Reply #37 on: February 08, 2008, 06:04:48 am
Oh man. We found out what was causing the internet here to break for fifteen minutes after about a minute of working!  :crazy:
\
Done before reading the last two posts, so no changes based on those incorporated there. Also, hehe, the arms in mine are actually a lot different from the linearts :P. Personally, I'll like 'em, but I'll try making more real ones, to see how it looks :).
For now: I'm really unsure about the end of the tail, how's it look to you guys?

Great work on the dinosaur, I have seen it as your avatar at tigersauce. I still have a few comments about what i don't like on the current iteration: the legs. Those metallic legs not only follow an slightly different perspective from the dinosaur, I feel that the size and pose of them wouldn't hold/balance the weight of the dinosaur quite well, and that there is nothing that describes how the mettalic leg is attached. Below is an subtle edit somewhat addressing those issues I perceive on it:

I made the "frontal face" of the legs broader, the angle of the knee bending somewhat more pronunciated (I would guess a t-rex would "crouch" a little and stretch the neck when performing a sort of warcry), as well as slightly more rounded the sides; the perspective on them is still off :P. I also added a stitched plate on the hips/waist that would probably hold the interface between circuitry and neurons.

I hope it is somewhat helpful my comment.

Again, great work.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #38 on: April 06, 2008, 11:13:25 pm
Update to Werewolf game! (Guess there's not likely going to be one for Danny anytime soon. :()
First off, werewolf form: It was a total bitch getting it to this point :yell:.

and then a WIP mockup, which is much more complete and better stylistically then the last one.

Mainly looking for criticism on the treeees. Obviously the grey parts and actual leafy parts are WIP.
Not sure which color scheme is better. Leaning towards the green.
Also, grass uses colors from Arne's 16 color palette, mostly because it's my default palette in GG :-[.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #39 on: April 07, 2008, 03:47:26 am
:sry: the werewolf still looks wonky, man. It looks like a huge portion of his torso is completely missing. And even with the intentionally disproportionate characters, the wolf seems unintentionally disproportionate in proportion to the intended disproportion. It's got no neck.

I made a very rough edit for you:

The mockup is looking good though.

I'd say go with the latter if it's a heavily wooded area, the former if it's sort of a sunny-ish glade-ish place or something.
The tree looks cool in the middle but on the bottom and top where the bark-tendrils sort of just taper away into shadow with no real reason seems a bit strange. The top could work if you intend on covering it with leaves, but the bottom is just really bugging me...
K, I think that's about it.

Geez, it's been for ever since I've posted here, hasn't it?