AuthorTopic: Is the body right?  (Read 2485 times)

Offline Bouzolf

• I'm a Quebecer, i like pink and I'm 14 years old.
    • View Profile
    • My PJ Galery

Is the body right?

on: January 19, 2008, 02:32:36 pm
This is the first time i'm really trying to get the anatomy realistic. This is just a rought but I concentred myselft in good proportions and lighting.

What can I improve? Thank you in advance.
My English is poor, sorry about that..

Offline micr0softener

• View Profile

Re: Is the body right?

Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 04:50:53 am
Cyrano de Bergnac, right?

Sorry, sorry, that was a low blow. Anyway, I think you do have to fix the nose- it's a bit mario-ish for a realistic character. Remember the nostrils, the wings of the nose, the bridge, et cetera.

As for the body- your main focus, I assume- you're close. The arms are almost perfect (or the guides are- I can't know how they're going to turn out in the end), except for the right forearm, which seems to bulge a little early and the wrist is a bit thick- unless I'm misreading the guides. As for the body, I think that you've got a pretty solid image going- just beef up the shoulders a ways to match the biceps. It seems like the left shoulder is being yanked back rather hard, without the shirt (or the shoulder beneath) moving to compensate- also, his left shoulder is quite slim in comparison to his right one. Do you have a reference for this one? If not, maybe you could find one.

That all said, at first glance this is a very solid piece- and that says a lot.

Anyway, good luck. (is there a reason his eyebrows are so faint?)