AuthorTopic: sprites for a RPG mobile game  (Read 4630 times)

Offline marmotte

• View Profile
    • dot-invasion

sprites for a RPG mobile game

on: November 29, 2005, 07:32:44 am
hello everyone,

this is just a small message that completes my previous post called "unwanted RPG-like sprites" (link here: http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=517.0). the client is finally happy with those sprites (believe it or not, we had to fight to make quality sprites, and it's not skill related, it's just that the client really liked a totally awful model)

anyway, here are the sprites:

note that those were the unwanted sprites. yes their size is very different, the client changed his mind a bit late, i guess ^_^
you'll notice that the character design changed a bit too...

crits (oh well, and also nice words) are always welcome. thanks! ^_^

Offline TKSkater

• View Profile

Re: sprites for a RPG mobile game

Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 03:12:30 pm
Gay I like the big ones. The small ones look just like resized big ones with a few different features.

Offline jujucece

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 03:24:27 pm
Your 3 big sprites are very nice...

Do you also have animations ? It would be good to see walking animations...  ::)
Jujucece

Offline dtek

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 04:10:27 pm
nice collection, I like the big sprite, I guess he's a boss? He's kind of reminiscent of the two headed Ghost and Goblins boss. One thing that stands out, for me, is the shading in the hair for a few characters-it looks a bit too round.
"customers always right" ;)

Offline marmotte

• View Profile
    • dot-invasion

Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 04:52:23 pm
thanks for your comments so far ^_^

actually yes, they are all animated (little ones and big ones):

- walking animation: 3 frames (nothing too fancy)
- standing/idle animation: 2 frames

there's still around 25 characters to design and pixel for the final product, i cannot wait to see a spritesheet with all of them facing in every direction. i think it will be impressive, and cute at the same time.

about the "big" sprite, regarding the docs we got before the changes, he was meant to be the bad guy yes. now that you mention ghost'n'goblins, i think you are right, there's defenitely something similar with them, hehe :)

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 09:48:12 pm
.... I love these, so cute! The new ones feel ten times better than the old ones. They definitely feel more like you and your style.

To nitpick the redhead a little, the way the gold on the red shirt(belt?) meets up with the gold on the overcoat(talking about the frontview, BTW) makes the depth of each article of clothing a little confusing. Is the belt absolutely necessary, as I think it steals from the overcoat?

If you've got the choice, it'd be nice if the red shadows had a tiny bit of a purple tinge to them, and the red highlights more orange.

Everything else looks great to me. I can't wait to see the rest.*

*provided you are allowed to post them :)

Offline DayDream

• View Profile
    • spriteattack.com

Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 12:37:59 am
Great work, marmotte... The big ones are true beauties...

The little ones do loose a lot and just don't have the same cuteness factor - maybe larger heads and slightly reduced bodies would do the trick...