AuthorTopic: [WIP]Rhino on my backyard  (Read 4127 times)

Offline mrmean

• View Profile

[WIP]Rhino on my backyard

on: January 12, 2008, 02:41:01 pm
I was watching through my photobucket images and saw http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/mrmean/rinoBnW.png an old lineart wich isn't really pixel art, so i shrunk it down to "pixel art size" and started coloring. (for the lineart i think i used a ref pic from a comic bok i have at home but it was a few years ago i cant remember where to find it  :-\)

i have some problems with the tail and the feet, im also pretty sure there are a ton of other stuff that can be improved on it.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 10:08:46 pm by mrmean »

Offline Zombiemambo

• View Profile

Re: Rhino on my backyard

Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 12:02:04 am
Looks like a WIP to me, you should increase the contrast between all of the colors and replace the black with a dark green. Otherwise I like it a lot.  :y:

Offline thedaemon

• thedaemon
    • View Profile
    • personal website

Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 06:31:01 am
You don't need to just up the contrast on the colors you need to add more contrast of the colors touching. Right now you have 1 color taking up most of the rhino. Most noticeably on his face and shoulder/where the ear is. I suggest taking out the dither and putting more colors that contrast next to each other. IE take a chance to let a really bright color touch a really dark color. Hope this helps.
gemini://thedaemons.space
https://thedaemons.space

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 02:49:15 pm
I don't think there's any problem with the contrast or the colors generally. I think there's a problem with volumes, you need to do mor columetric studies because the lightsources look confused to me.

Offline mrmean

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 10:08:17 pm
yea it's still WIP i forgot to put up the sign on the title..
and i have been kind of busy with some other stuff so i havent had time to do this until now.

better now?
I still have some problem with the right front leg.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 10:11:36 pm by mrmean »

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP]Rhino on my backyard

Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 11:02:03 pm
You changed little and also not enough to create correct volumes. For example to the right of the right ear and above the eye, what's going on there?