AuthorTopic: The lil guy walks  (Read 4303 times)

Offline Sabata

• View Profile
    • TownsLife

The lil guy walks

on: January 10, 2008, 01:32:07 am
I am working on a doll and the style I thought of was supposed to be more like anime.
But along the way I think I exaggerated on proportions reality turning it each time more and more to a realistic look.... I pretend to finish this one first, it’s an early WIP. The issue is that as I do the body it looks each time that its going unproportional to the heads perspective (the body needs a a little turn in my opinion) would like comments on this problem.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 02:00:34 pm by Sabata »

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Re: Besa sprite early WIP

Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 04:57:10 am
hmm... Not enough done for me to give you any real critz on it. One thing I can tell you is you'll want to slant the shoulders and chest to get the perspective you want.

Offline Sabata

• View Profile
    • TownsLife

Re: Besa sprite early WIP

Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 11:42:13 pm
ye I thought so....
Well guess what! I did a remake!

I am just trying to develop my style of doing sprites, so test number 1: big heads small body : D
Wha d ya think??

Offline Lazycow

• Do androids dream of electric sheep?
    • flurrycow
    • flurrycow
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/15168.htm
    • View Profile
    • homepage

Re: style developing (lil sprite)

Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 08:11:13 am
Hey, quite nice! But I think it would improve if you make his arms smaller. (If you want to match this big-head-small-body style) Now, the arm-dimensions match the head-dimensions,  but it should match the dimensions of the body - shouldn't it? The face: I think the "nose-mouth" part looks unfinished. (like there is a placeholder for the mouth) Also the bottom his left breast could mabe be moved a bit more to the top to reflect the perspective better. Only 1-2 pixels maybe.
A man touched down on the moon, a wall came down in Berlin, a world was connected by our own science and imagination. Yes we can!

Offline Sabata

• View Profile
    • TownsLife

Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 11:09:00 pm
Hey thanks, yea I actually saw the arm problem... fixed it now (I guess) and about the mouth, your right there IS a placeholder for it... and there’s a mouth now.
I am working on walking animation now and tried to make it move the whole body, comments please....

PS: this are only ending frames, still need two more in between frames.
PSS: I have a strange feeling that the highlight on (our)left breast is not supposed to move like that….

Offline Yar

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 01:15:13 am
Heya, nice job! You definitely improved the perspective on the shoulders in the last two edits.
Also, I like the way you made the abs o' steel there readable in such a small space. I think the face is good, too (it'd be neat to see ya try a few expressions on it - it's got more space for that than a lot of the sprites I find myself doing). I like that you added a colarbone in the last update to.

As far as crits, you might be able to define the front-most bicep a bit more by adding some shading between it and the upper shoulder muscles. Also, the frame where his left foot is forward, I'm not sure the right foot is far enough behind him. IOW, I would think that foot would be located a few pixels up and to the left with the knee bent just a bit more. Could be wrong, tho.

Keep goin!

Offline Sabata

• View Profile
    • TownsLife

Reply #6 on: January 12, 2008, 01:59:49 pm
Hey, thanks for the comment and the leg position as well.... I finished up the other to frames left completing the animation. I consider it pretty good the only thing bugging me is his head, it seams to bound around too much, but well wanted your opinion first

Offline Sabata

• View Profile
    • TownsLife

Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 05:04:19 pm
this samurai armor is harder than I imaginated, not sure about the color choice and the lower part seems wrong to me... plz help