AuthorTopic: isometric self portrait  (Read 2418 times)

Offline skoby

• View Profile

isometric self portrait

on: January 09, 2008, 05:18:12 pm
There's been a bit of a trend of portrait topics lately, and I've noticed there are lots of cool styles on here and all the self portraits I've done have been fairly plain and generic so I tried experimenting a bit and after coming across a isomorphic tutorial I decided to attempt an isomorphic self portrait.  This is my first isomorphic picture too so was a bit of a challenge and there are a few bits Im not happy with (nose especially) and I'm not sure if I've done all the highlights in true isomorphic style. Also I'm itching to break up the large spaces, mainly the hair, but I think it would ruin the style of the pic.  Once I'm happy with it I will probably use it as my avatar.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: isometric self portrait

Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 05:28:55 pm
it's interesting so far, reminds me of when we did this in drawing class a bit (i mean, measured each other's heads and made orthographics+isometric of them).
you might want to play with depth, and maybe too with light, but i definately like the places you are taking this.  I don't know that the hair needs to be broken up because i think the flatter parts are doing you good here.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.