AuthorTopic: Mock-up *updated 6/1/2008!*  (Read 7561 times)

Offline `Rob

• View Profile

Re: Mock-up *updated 6/1/2008!*

Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 10:30:31 pm
thanks you two, i understand what your both saying and expect an update of a new sprite soon, i may keep the old design, but add alot more movement etc.
It may be a week coming though, i have a History AS exam on friday, which pretty much eradicates all of my spare time this week :(
lmao Winston i never realised that before, but it does yeh :p

Thanks to you both.  ;D

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #11 on: January 08, 2008, 01:18:20 pm
I thought he was trying to curl his moustache. I think for it to look like an attack the knife would have to extend out beyond the body of the slug - the silhouette needs to change during the animation.

Quick and dirty:

Offline Winston

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: January 08, 2008, 10:48:36 pm
Re-Tocky's comment

I think it might actually be a good idea to make the slug actually swivel his whole body, so that his mustache doesn't interfere with the sprite, um hopefully that is legible haha
I would do an example but I'm terrible at animations.
It's time for racing car video games

Offline willfaulds

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: January 08, 2008, 11:35:49 pm
`Rob I quite like where some of these graphics are going. Your tiles work quite well and the background has some nice touches.

I actually feel your character is currently holding the piece back. If I were you i'd take what I'd learnt and start over on the character...

Personally I'd make him about half his current size (this would make for a more playable level were this an actual screenshot) and simplify the shading so he is easier to animate.

He's a slug so have fun with the way he moves - be adventurous - make him move like jelly or something.