AuthorTopic: Two dolls I have been working on (complete?)  (Read 2610 times)

Offline poptarts_n_pixistix

• View Profile

Two dolls I have been working on (complete?)

on: January 07, 2008, 12:41:32 pm
First of all, base credit (because i'm no good at making my own) :
shouri.com.ar (I believe this site is currently down)
lorelei.mystarseed.com/

I took a VERY long break due to a major case of artists block, however last night inspiration hit me like a brick wall and these were the results:

(Link to a zoomed-in           I could definitely use some pointers on her bangs.
view of the dithering          The one on her left is bugging me, but I can't
on the shirt-)                     seem to be able to fix it without making it worse.
Link to zoomed view

I'm always looking for comments and suggestions, especially on the hair (it's my weakness). Thanks for stopping by! (It's my first time here, please be kind! ^.^; )

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Re: Two dolls I have been working on (complete?)

Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 02:55:00 pm
Wel, on the second one, you should change the flip-flops to high heels or get rid of the way shes balancing on her toes like that, it looks awkward. at least put one foot down flat.

the shading on her skirt looks weird too, you might wanna change that.

On the first one, the shading on what shes wearing looks funny in general. its not too bad, but it could look better.
As for the hair on either, i can't offer much help other than rather shading the thick bands like you seem to be doing, you should make more thin strands and add more bumps on the outline so it looks like hair.

On the flip side, i like the position on both, the first especially. the clothes look great. plus i like the style.

Offline DJ gman

• what a secksy beast
    • View Profile

Re: Two dolls I have been working on (complete?)

Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 03:35:58 am
Well one this i notice right off the bat is that you need more contrast with your colors, also the skin on the first one looks like it's just gradient shaded, try to to use your colors more for highlighting certain areas more than just making darker and darker shadows to show depth, Both peices could do with a bit of antialiasing as well. Also although dithering looks good in some places as a way to show depth i wouldnt use it as a style of highlighting areas such as in the hair. All in all it's better than most first post stuff i see on here, you seem to have the anatomy down pretty good. :y: just a few fixes here and there would really spruce these up.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 03:38:58 am by DJ gman »