AuthorTopic: karate guy (color practice)  (Read 3230 times)

Offline Sabata

• View Profile
    • TownsLife

karate guy (color practice)

on: January 05, 2008, 07:47:24 pm
Any word on this?
The initial idea wasn’t like this one, the pose was supposed to be more dynamic…. but the real purpose of this is to try making a piece whit less colors possible (used 10 including background) white kimono is also a challenge for me since I never pixeled something whit, so I was trying to make some shading. Advices on shading white and making hair appreciated. =)

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Re: karate guy (color practice)

Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 08:12:00 pm
Quite nice.. I like the pose. Seems like you were still afraid of the white.  ;) How about trying to introduce a pure white in there after all? Also, the direction of the light.. the shading on hand, neck and hair all suggest a different source of light.  And the belt would be better without the dark outline.

Offline Sabata

• View Profile
    • TownsLife

Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 11:41:48 pm
Quite nice.. I like the pose. Seems like you were still afraid of the white.  ;) How about trying to introduce a pure white in there after all? Also, the direction of the light.. the shading on hand, neck and hair all suggest a different source of light.  And the belt would be better without the dark outline.

Thanks for the tip, I made an edit as soon as you pointed the "wrong" parts....  :)

the hair still bugs me....  :mean:
Is the ligth direction rigth now??

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 03:19:49 pm
Danial-san!

Looking good, but I think you need to fix the angle of everything above the legs. With the way the upper body looks, it would look like his feet would be on a perfectly horizontal line. But since the feet are on an angled line for that angled view, the rest of him should be angled as well. As it looks right now, it appears that his left leg is much shorter than his right. The angle of the head is fine.

And on the head... the eyes look to close together. Get rid of that dark line next to his left eye. Actually, hold on... Let me make an edit. I'll post it up soon.

- EDIT -

And here it is. A quick edit on your Karate Guy.

Original > My edit >
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 04:09:07 pm by Ryona »

Offline Sabata

• View Profile
    • TownsLife

Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 04:51:37 pm
Hey thanks!
I actually had a little better version but this edit helped me fixing the problem, its even strange that I didn’t noticed that the body is not in proportional perspective whit the legs.... I like your hair style but I preferred to stick whit mine (I have problems whit this type of hair, spiky hair looks easier to me)
One thing I noticed on yours is that it has such a big eyes it looks like a girl, as I know in anime styled drawings girls have bigger eyes... (also a helpful thing, I now can make more girlish sprites  :P)

I think now its done.