AuthorTopic: Battered warrior.  (Read 3175 times)

Offline God Slayer

• No one expects the Spanish Inquisition. No one.
    • View Profile

Battered warrior.

on: November 28, 2005, 03:12:19 am
I'm still trying a new style, here's my latest guy:

All C&C appreciated.

Offline MadToaster

• View Profile

Re: Battered warrior.

Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 06:56:51 am
That's pretty neat looking. Has a rich oily looking feel too it. I think with respect to character design he could look more warrior like if he had gauntlets or bracers of some sort. Nothing to worry about though.

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 07:36:16 am
I think you could put in buckled dents in the armor, rather than those scratch like lines on him. I don't imagine a beaten piece of metal as looking like it was keyed.

I also would like to see the palette changed up a bit. It's neat to see all the different hues used, but it's all for the same color ramp being used on every part of the picture. Putting a couple extra colors could add one ore two more color ramps and give some variety to him.

Offline LuciferianSoul

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 08:03:03 am
Heads up on the dithering, I think you did fairly well for dithering especially using different hues, I admire people's ability to do that. (Because I suck at it.) I agree with Blick, the scratch lines look a little odd. His arms also look a little odd, I know how the arm does that kind of .. flab coming over the edge thing but it seems a bit too much/too deep. I really really don't know how to explain that very well. Sorry.

His head is a little straight, but I like it. The blood could look alot better.