Elderly

on: January 03, 2008, 08:46:28 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Re: Elderly

Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 08:58:36 pm
Looking good so far! :crazy: Love the colors

Though, I think the neck might be a little too noisy as it is now.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Meta|Fox

• Im full of candy!
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 09:11:15 pm
I lol'd  :D :D :D

maybe have the rainbow coming more out of the eye, by just a little.

oh and you my want to colour the lines on the sweater like you did with the hair, the lines look a little harsh as is.

Mostly though, absolutely fricking awesome!

Theres a Gremlin in My Computer!

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 06:26:48 am
Wow, verrry nice stuff!  Did you use a reference? 

I agree that the neck/sweater area is too noisy...and you could do without that outline on the sweater.

Also the rainbow doesn't seem curvy enough to me.  I know it would probably be a pain but I think that to go back and make the rainbow more swoopy and whooshy and dazzly would help a lot.

Offline kite

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 10:37:22 pm
Thank you for the nice words, everyone.

Sorry it's not much of an update, but I've been busy...

Meta|Fox and Faktablad: The line is harsher on the sweater to establish some sort of contrast, of difference, since the sweater more "solid" than the hair. I'm not sure if I made myself clear...

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 11:17:32 pm
Meta|Fox and Faktablad: The line is harsher on the sweater to establish some sort of contrast, of difference, since the sweater more "solid" than the hair. I'm not sure if I made myself clear...

yeah, that wouold make sense, but the issue here isn't about heaviness, it's about priority.  it's distracting to have such a dark dark way out where it's not needed.

the same goes in my mind for the rainbow, i think you really need to amp the other colors when you've got an element like that (and make the background colorful too) or else it's going to look mad tacky.

that being said i love this piece completely.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline kite

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 07:04:18 pm
Adarias: Thanks, I think I get what you mean about the lines. I don't quite understand the rainbow thing, though.

Also, two things I forgot to put on the last post:

REFERENCE

RAINBOW INFECTION

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #7 on: January 12, 2008, 11:24:53 pm
I think Adarias is saying about the rainbow that since it's such a bright and saturated object compared to the woman it draws too much of the attention...Also, due to this uniform brightness it doesn't seem to be really in any definable space aside from "in front of the woman". Sort of plastered on there like  a sticker, I guess.
Correct me if I've misinterpreted, Adarias.

I think the latest one with the rainbow infection sort of remedies this, but...I dunno, half of me loves it and half of me doesn't for some reason.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #8 on: January 13, 2008, 04:12:53 am
Pretty sharp and nice use of limited colors. The pixel placement is very specific and thought-out, nice. The infection version works for me best, but at a close zoom it seems you've oversharpened with black in places, almost creating the effect of an Unsharp Mask filter, which is okay if you want it like that, just mentioning it as an impression. Personally so so so much focus isn't something I'd attempt, but it's a nice thing to see it being done by mindful pixellers.

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: January 13, 2008, 04:59:23 am
Well, looking at the reference, i'd say the left side of the body should be bigger or go out more. (Rather, the body itself should be bigger. the head looks way too bog in comparison.) plus the neck still looks to busy.

i'd also add more colors too the rainbow, but i like the rest of the color choice (especially face/hair) and the general shapes are fantastic.

Nice job. ;)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 05:01:03 am by coran »