AuthorTopic: The Official Pixelopolis Off-Topic Thread  (Read 58494 times)

Offline Krizmo

• Yes, that is me.
    • View Profile

Re: The Official Pixelopolis Off-Topic Thread

Reply #70 on: December 09, 2005, 06:18:22 am
Anyone looking for some humorous geek stories, here is the site. www.patheticgeekstories.com is so good for funny stories, and I think you can write in your own. Check it out, you won't be dissapointed :P
Look for your friends, but do not trust a hope. It is forsaken these lands....

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #71 on: December 09, 2005, 06:59:21 am
That sounds pretty good robalan, much better than what I can do :)
I'll pm you with some info about the game..

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #72 on: December 10, 2005, 01:40:19 am
muahahah i have FLstudio 5!! 5 BABY 5 5 5 5 55  5 5 5 5 5 5!!!! anyway...

alex, did you ever hear that intro music to my half finished puzzle game on my site?
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline Evan

• Marv-O
    • View Profile

Reply #73 on: December 10, 2005, 03:40:46 am
Anyone looking for some humorous geek stories, here is the site. www.patheticgeekstories.com is so good for funny stories, and I think you can write in your own. Check it out, you won't be dissapointed :P

THANK YOU!

Those were taken from the Onion (or maybe the other way around)

The Onion is a local humor newspaper from Wisconsin and Illinois. I loved these, but they discontinued them from The Onion.

FINALLY! THANK YOU!

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #74 on: December 10, 2005, 05:42:24 am
Know what I miss? Gameboy. Before it could fold, before its backlighting or its fancy rechargable battery. Back in the day when it was vertical, took four batteries, had four colors and a contrast wheel. I hate these new 3D handhelds. They seem so cold. Maybe I'm just getting too old for games. Maybe I've got too many memories of Donkey Kong and Pokémon that I can't fully appreciate the newer games. Lately though, I've just been completely unable to even look at my DS. Maybe I just don't have the kind of games I like. After all, Nintendogs is only interesting for so long, it only kept me interested for three days. I find myself going to Fred Meyer's and often buying games at random in hopes that I find a rare gem that lives up to the fun and entertainment that the old Gameboy games offered, but I have yet to find one to do so other than Harvest Moon and Metroid Fusion. On the other side of the coin, maybe I've just bought too many games in my time. I may have too many posessions to care for many of them anymore.

I think I'm going to find a niche in the Gameboy homebrew community or something. I miss that battery draining brick of excellence.

Goodbye childhood, and happy early birthday to me.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 05:44:37 am by Blick »

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #75 on: December 10, 2005, 06:37:45 am
alex, did you ever hear that intro music to my half finished puzzle game on my site?

dont think so, link?

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #76 on: December 10, 2005, 02:03:15 pm
Don’t worry Blick I got that same feeling when I saw all of my old N64 games from my childhood in a clearance bin, Golden Eye, Perfect Dark, SSB, 1080, StarCraft 64, Starfox 64, and Cruisin USA... Those and when I saw the 10th Year Anniversary of Toy Story DVD.  10 YEARS!  Sigh... I miss those days when Tetris has 4 colors... when I would run around trying to get enough light to play, then the sun would move and I would get glare... I spent my entire last 4 months of Algebra playing gameboy.  Yet now I got the DS and Xbox.  Blick just do some research before you buy random games.  Also mod, it can add so much to so little.  I found amazing games that no one would ever buy like Indigo Prophecy and Polarium.  Both very satisfying, very satisfying.  Oh and never ever get Harvest Moon Snes… It will suck you in like nothing else.  It kept me to my room for 48 hours peeing in cans and paying people to bring me food.  (Its like crack and Pringles once you pop you just can't stop)  Then the game was over and life went on.  What I am trying to say is don’t just buy a game and play the hell out of it.  Play it in shifts so the fun lasts a long time.  Also don’t buy games like the Metal Slug 4 & 5 set, beat it 100% in 2 hours, both games.  Normal people would still beat it in a hour and 20 mins with no bonuses.  Sigh, its like games are getting easier…  I get the feeling sometimes Blick but that is why they made mods and online play.
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Dan

• "Haha The Man"
    • View Profile

Reply #77 on: December 10, 2005, 02:08:48 pm
A bit of a late reply but i had a look at them Zombie journals that crab2selout.png was talking about. Don't get me wrong i dont really like books unless there about art. :S But i could really sink my teeth into this. It's great! I would love to have a little robot like that! lol

Thanks,

Dan
That's the way the cookie crumbles. - Do the bug bob.     - Woot!

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #78 on: December 10, 2005, 02:11:42 pm
I think you meant the OT creativity thread.  Don't worry this happened to me only in rev.
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #79 on: December 10, 2005, 08:11:49 pm
Well, I do some research on games. The only game I ever bought without ever hearing about it before was P.N.03 for GC, which ended up being strangely addictive. I mean, for a game that's basically the same levels in a different layout, it got me hooked.

With GBA games these days, buying them is like a drug. I need to find that game that's like the first great one. I'll hear about a game that's decent or a rare gem and not really much more on it and months later I'll see it on the shelf and say to myself "Hey, it's only $30, might as well get it... and this other one... and maybe this one." Then I go home and am entertained for a week or two until I pick them up again and try to play from the start and get rehooked for a week or two. Actually, I just started a little relapse of sorts with Metroid Fusion a few days ago.

The fact that they keep releasing Pokemon games is really killing me. I keep buying them. I didn't buy the two newest GBA ones, but I bet I eventually will. For the nostalgia factor. I always do. Looking at the original Gameboy games I still have, 4 out of 8 of them or Pokemon and I have Sapphire for GBA. I miss fifth grade a lot, apparently.