AuthorTopic: The Official Pixelopolis Off-Topic Thread  (Read 58493 times)

Offline Evan

• Marv-O
    • View Profile

Re: The Official Pixelopolis Off-Topic Thread

Reply #30 on: December 03, 2005, 02:43:13 am
I made an edit, and commented on some of your points.

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #31 on: December 03, 2005, 02:48:32 am
Took out the racist part and just crossed out the other part so I didn't have to change anything else.
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Evan

• Marv-O
    • View Profile

Reply #32 on: December 03, 2005, 02:59:38 am
Now, I may sound harsh, but I don't really tolerate racism. I'm not really calling you out, or anything, but I want to get to the root of this...

You say that 90 percent of people celebrate christmas, so we should call them "christmas lights." Well but then aren't you contradicting yourself? I mean, you say since there aren't really minorities anymore, we shouldn't have to be so politically correct?

I have to you agree with you on one level. I think that in a lot of cases, people can get carried away with political correctness. However, I don't think anyone can say "Most of us celebrate Christmas, so forget about the rest." That's not why America was founded, and that's not what Christianity was founded on.

MR, I understand what you're trying to say, I think, but it came out really racist.

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #33 on: December 03, 2005, 03:35:46 am
No what I was simply saying is people need to stop being so stupid.  It's not the minorities that complain it’s the few stupid people from the majorities that think they complain without consenting any person from the minority. 
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #34 on: December 03, 2005, 03:56:37 am
So, how about that curvilinear perspective...

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #35 on: December 03, 2005, 04:25:25 am
Who de what what?
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #36 on: December 03, 2005, 08:46:40 am
I'll agree on the "political correctness is sometimes blown out of proportion" point.  Here's an example of overdone political correctness: at a "holiday" party at my school way back in 8th grade (I think), they had decorations representing Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and something else (I've forgotten what), but there were no traditional Chrismas decorations.  If that's not overdone political correctness, I don't know what is :-P  Also, the people I know who are most against affirmative action are black; they say that they would rather get a job, scholarship, school admittance, or whatever because they deserve it, not because they're black.  Personally, I agree with them.

Oh, and I don't know anything about curvilinear perspective ;-)
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.

Offline drbokchoi

• Tonight, I dine on turtle soup!
    • View Profile

Reply #37 on: December 03, 2005, 08:59:28 am
OH NOES I missed it. ;_;

yarrr... I'm going to try to learn flash, but I don't know how to get started other than a class.

and I recently got access to a certain site that doesn't exist. And I've been watching Bleach.

My, I really made progress.

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #38 on: December 04, 2005, 01:04:21 am
Political correctness sucks.

And with the risk of offending the majority of the world's population: Christianity also sucks.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #39 on: December 04, 2005, 02:10:07 am
Political correctness sucks.

And with the risk of offending the majority of the world's population: Christianity also sucks.

I'll top that Rox, Religion sucks =D

Religion...Patrotism, all those things that create attachments and loyalities for the hell of it. I respect every Prophet of a given religion, but not the religions, religions always get fucked over when the prophet dies and become a means for control.

I dont say Religious or patriotic people suck, but I think it's wrong to place your faith in meaningless rituals and icons, if you want to belive in something higher then go right ahead, but dont attach that to a group of society.

it's the only reason we've ever had wars.

This whole political correctness thing just proves how fucking clueless we are, it's not about being all touchy about your own beliefs and struggling for attention for your own little niche fixation, it's about seeing BEYOND that, it's about seing how they all connect and what each of them say comes from the same place, they're all trees from the same seed that grow in diferent ways.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 02:24:46 am by Camus »