AuthorTopic: Platformer mockup  (Read 2950 times)

Offline ter-o

• Elitist scum
    • View Profile

Platformer mockup

on: January 01, 2008, 09:07:23 pm
Hi all.

I've been shamefully unactive during past year or two so I though maybe it's time to do a comeback to a pixel scene :hehe:

I am doing one other project behind the scenes at the moment but until it is in the stage worth showing, I might show you the latest piece I did (a year ago tho :P).

I was looking for a job and I did it in quite a rush, since I wanted to fill my portfolio with several pixel pieces to improve the variety of companies I could try to apply to. There are some obvious repetition going on, so please mind that. But apart from that I am totally open for any c&c, which I can then use in my future mockup projects.

I don't know everything, I just know everything else.
Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: Platformer mockup

Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 09:17:07 pm
ok, well, this piece is great.  unfortunately, Flashback was better.  the only thing an employer will think when he sees this is "hey, i remember flashback, now THAT was a pretty game...."

for those who don't know the game i'm referring to :

« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 04:04:58 pm by Adarias »
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline tbone

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 09:49:21 pm
Really nice stuff!

One thing I'm noticing is that all the platforms have smooth, rounded edges. Some variation would be nice - the edges are creating an odd billowy look.

Offline Rosse

• ssero
    • bluecrystalrod
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 08:42:11 am
Welcome back, phase1... uhm sorry, ter-o ;)

I really like this mockup. But the outlines on the leaves destroys much of its cool look. Get rid of them and the mockup will benefit from it I think. The long weed above the player sprite could need a bit more definition/contrast maybe. Something similar belongs to the gras level. I think it should have more the form of "blades of grass" (Maybe Henk Nieborg style?) than just a round form with blobs (imho).

But really great stuff, keep pushing (posting ;) )