AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 278960 times)

Offline im9today

• xtrwsqgcxct
    • View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #440 on: April 15, 2008, 04:08:28 am
I got ENTP. After reading the info about the type, I'm really impressed with this test.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #441 on: April 17, 2008, 04:07:22 am
finally saw the golden compass/northern lights, and i have to say i had a mixed reaction.  it had great moments interspersed with filler and an oversimplified telling of what memory tells me was an excellent story...though it's been a while since i read things.

awesome moment though when he "slaps" the bear's jaw.....off......
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #442 on: April 17, 2008, 05:01:02 am
   I can't stand any of the Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Narnia, and Golden Compass epic-movie poo out in the movies, right now. Marvel shoving down comic-book hero movies down our throats isn't helping matters either. I feel bad for my fav' super hero, Captain America, as I'm sure when his script is written, and the movie is rolled out to theaters world wide, it will do poorly, because 1: I think EVERYONE is getting a little tired of the comic book crap, and 2: what better way to say "phuck you" to Americans, then to NOT watch the fantasy embodiment of American patriotism. Next thing you know, they'll replace George Bush doll burnings, to Cap. America doll burnings, heh.

Nothing really good in the movies that I'd like to see right now. So I've been watching some older ones to pass the time. Saw a bit of Platoon and was surprised. I think I would have enjoyed it more if I caught it from the beginning. Forest Gump is a great movie, and never seems to lose it's charm with me. I love The PropositionChildren of Men is on my top 5 favorite movies. Tried watching The 300, but it's amazing how quickly style loses it's charm after the second time around.

I REALLY need to get a new guitar, preferably electric with amp...gettin' bored over here.  :sigh:
my back hurts...

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #443 on: April 17, 2008, 05:14:28 am
Been going through a CD-R I found that had a lot of my very old stuff burned on to it. Found a lot of my old pixel-art--which makes me cringe, but I also found a lot of images from old Pixelation I have saved. I hate Sals stuff, the Fucked Up Rito, and a few other things. I don't exactly know why I saved them though. Guessing because most are really good... since they are, I just don't remember who made them.

Anyways, going through my old art either makes me want to cry because I thought I was decent back then, or be surprised because some of it's better than stuff I make now :/

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #444 on: April 17, 2008, 09:14:42 am
Most of the comic book movies were bad. I really liked 'Xmen 1' (NOT the sequels) and 'fantastic four: rise of silver surfer' (NOT the first one).

'Stardust' is a pretty good movie. 'Golden compass' had too much edited out.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #445 on: April 17, 2008, 12:30:21 pm
I liked the Spiderman movies, mostly because I wanted to be him when I was 5  :)
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #446 on: April 17, 2008, 02:12:43 pm
golden compass was the worst movie i've ever seen, with the possible exception of ultraviolet

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #447 on: April 17, 2008, 03:23:55 pm
Probably old news, but I came across this the other day. Thought I'd share.

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1214186_1124.html

Appairantly, SNK is upping their spritesize for the 12th KOF installment. All pixel as far as I can tell from the JPEG shots. SNK might be doing what people were hoping Capcom would do. Fighting games aren't really my field, but they do produce a lot of detailed pixel art, so... 

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30829.html Trailer for those intrested.

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #448 on: April 17, 2008, 03:36:46 pm
Probably old news, but I came across this the other day. Thought I'd share.

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1214186_1124.html

Appairantly, SNK is upping their spritesize for the 12th KOF installment. All pixel as far as I can tell from the JPEG shots. SNK might be doing what people were hoping Capcom would do. Fighting games aren't really my field, but they do produce a lot of detailed pixel art, so... 

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30829.html Trailer for those intrested.
?
Definatly not pixel art as far as I can tell.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #449 on: April 17, 2008, 03:53:55 pm
Forest Gump is really not a movie I like.  It's just too............i dunno, it's got its own category of things I don't enjoy.  And it's not like i dislike it, it just does nothing for me.  like porridge but with less flavor (because I actually enjoy porridge).

Children of Men though is total plus.

Among my personal favs that I recently rewatched (in the last year) are Hotel Rwanda, My Neighbor Totoro, The Grapes of Wrath, Casablanca, Lonesome Dove (not really a movie), The Lion in Winter (old version), to name a few.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.