AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 278989 times)

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #240 on: February 17, 2008, 04:59:52 am
That's very un-patriotic B.O.B.

Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #241 on: February 17, 2008, 10:03:50 pm
for any who may not have heard, Kosovo has finally declared independence again.  such a move could mean new sovereign democracies in the region...
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #242 on: February 18, 2008, 07:18:27 am
for any who may not have heard, Kosovo has finally declared independence again.  such a move could mean new sovereign democracies in the region...

I'm just worried about how it's going to affect future allied relations involving them and our newly surprised Russia and Serbia.  The Second Cold War maybe? Wonder if this snowballs down the line to start another dumb ass war, where nations get stuck in a High school like setting of "well, I'm still cool with Kosovo, as he's a great guy, and Russia totally talked behind my back during lunch yesterday, so F*** him, etc..."...war and politics will be forever ridiculous, and every song or story that glorifies it, only hinders human development in the future of our survival, and insurance(which is ironic, cause my fav' metal band's main subject matter and lyrical content mainly consists of war, heh). I don't care what any body says, or stupid facts they bring up, such as " War has been proven to increase the rate of technology, and weaponry that govern us in the majority of post-war livelihood" or whatever. Meh, I hate politics, I'm done with this topic.

@sharprm: Not sure what's worse, my defiling of a non-existent flag, or you further soiling it in Jpeg cesspool!!  :P Heh...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 07:20:29 am by The B.O.B. »
my back hurts...

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #243 on: February 18, 2008, 10:24:37 am
Yeah, sorry BOB, thought the messiness and jpeg would be forgiven for greater good, showing how with a few small changes you called the united states the great satan.  :D (not sure if my map is even good enough for people to tell)
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #244 on: February 19, 2008, 07:20:03 pm
Yeah, sorry BOB, thought the messiness and jpeg would be forgiven for greater good, showing how with a few small changes you called the united states the great satan.  :D (not sure if my map is even good enough for people to tell)

Ahh, I see it now, heh. Feel like a dolt for not seeing it earlier. Might have just been me though, as I'm slow to catch things. So apparently, I live in the beard of Satan, and the brains of Satan are directly located in Nebraska. I always knew those Nebraskans were evil...
my back hurts...

Offline Lawrence

• View Profile

Reply #245 on: February 21, 2008, 05:52:42 pm
Hey cool, C64 games are coming to the Wii's virtual console.

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #246 on: February 21, 2008, 10:24:21 pm
I don't even know...
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #247 on: February 24, 2008, 06:54:03 am
So I have been a crappy moderator for the last couple months, but life will be settling down soon enough :)  I spent a week in NYC and just got back from a week at the GDC in San Francisco, there are some pics I took here:

http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=721348374&k=Y5CYX3V2Q2VM5BMAXD56WT

EDIT: if that link doesn't work, try this one:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=17411&id=721348374

And oodles more here:

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?board=13.0

Pretty much it was totally awesome.  And I played Brawl.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 08:44:22 am by AdamAtomic »

Offline eck

• But why is RUM gone???
    • View Profile

Reply #248 on: February 24, 2008, 07:43:36 pm
your link takes me to my facebook inbox  :'(
untz untz untz?

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #249 on: February 25, 2008, 02:26:12 pm
So I have been a crappy moderator for the last couple months, but life will be settling down soon enough :)  I spent a week in NYC and just got back from a week at the GDC in San Francisco

You were in NYC and I didn't know? For shame.
I mild from suffer dislexia.