AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 278910 times)

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #10 on: January 02, 2008, 01:29:28 am
I rang in the new year by running outside to look at the stars.  Then my friend and I ran to the beach, it was cool.  There was no moon so the stars were really bright.

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #11 on: January 02, 2008, 04:25:53 am
Dude, that's way better than what I did :P   Sat on Pixelation all night :P
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Pan

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: January 02, 2008, 04:40:42 am
When the countdown ended, my friend and I went running, we ran about four block, but turned because it was snowing. 

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: January 02, 2008, 04:55:08 am
I cant remember the countdown I was so zoned out :blind:

I spent it with my my brother and a mate trying to just reelax  ^-^
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 04:57:47 am by Terley »
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: January 02, 2008, 05:14:57 am
Dude, that's way better than what I did :P   Sat on Pixelation all night :P

that sucks considering there were only like 6 new posts
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #15 on: January 02, 2008, 05:44:55 am
that sucks considering there were only like 6 new posts

Yeah, I really need to get some more content-full critiques going  :P
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Reply #16 on: January 02, 2008, 07:03:23 am
I spent the actual countdown feeling almost physically wounded by how old and terrible Dick Clark sounds.

Offline elise

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: January 02, 2008, 07:05:43 am
I spent New Year's Eve at my b-i-l's, out in the country... we had a bon fire, shot fireworks, ran around in circles with sparklers. :D

It beat sitting at home listening to Mylie Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers on the countdown. ;) I have to listen to enough of that crap as it is.

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #18 on: January 02, 2008, 02:56:10 pm
New year's eve was fun:

I think it was 15 meters long or something :)

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: January 03, 2008, 04:56:19 am
Are those M60's, Opickus? They look like em, what with the green fuse, but I'm not too sure.

Oh, and just to be a jerk-ass, I just saw a trailer for Soul Calibur 4...and it sucks. Still not sure why Namco or any other game company doesn't take hints from the 2d greats, and give their games CHARACTER AND PERSONALITY!! Seriously, all the 3d models look like effin' robots(no offense robot santa). The ladies have the hugest TIG OLE BITTIES, yet they are still able to jump so elegantly! Take Taki, for example: Her bewbs have been so big since SC 2, that if they release another sequel, she's gonna be MIA in the SC tourney circuit due to back pains of carrying those two mountain tops on her chest. Same goes to Ivy...or any other DOA fighting character...
Also, the male characters are guilty as well. Half of the designs seem to have de-evolved through idiocracy, in my opinion. And this is so ironic, coming from a person like myself, butttttt...STOP PACKING SO MUCH DESIGN AND CRAP INTO YOUR CHARACTER DESIGNS! History has taught us, that quality, NOT quantity make a good and recognizable game design. Examples? Ryu: simple, yet memorable: white karate Gi, with the traditional red bandanna. Mario...a f***in' red and blue plumber's outfit(yet I wish designers would make him more gruff, less anime-ish...not 'roid gruff, just a simple style redo, that isn't so kiddy..), Solid Snake, and Naked Snake( big boss or whatever...), Link, Sonic, etc...
   I'm also tired of the shat voice dubbs. Honestly, I'd rather hear the voices in the original language, with subtitles, rather than horrible voice overs. Feels like they castrate one's culture everytime it's done, and in my opinion, brings the value of a game down. That, or get better voice actors, who aren't just doin' it for the money (not fanboys either, mind you)
   And of course, take a chill pill on the mother truckin' muscles already. I'd really don't want to be on the hate train over the new Street Fighter game, but honestly, Ken and Ryu have really been working out since we last saw them. The whole point of Ryu's initial character was to be the underdog, or little guy who overcame giants, and what not. Not some freak or Japanese god! This goes for all games, as most protagonists are beefed up buffoons. Better be careful, heroes, else you'll end up with a bad case of roid rage, akin to the curse of The Warrior...*SNARRLLL*

"Should I lay on the lawn, and let it run me over with law mowers?!?"...best wrestler ever...(God, I hated that guy back then)

my back hurts...