AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 281975 times)

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #400 on: April 11, 2008, 12:02:37 pm
Not really, no. Why? Banning is done on every or any other forum. Should people expect it to be different here? Ripping, editing, stealing, and acting like a downright ass is something I think the pixelart community does not want to be associated with. Harsh? Maybe so. But it's for the best, if a user is to take it seriously and try to improve...

my opinion, of course.
my back hurts...

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #401 on: April 11, 2008, 12:08:04 pm
Eh? How is it extreme? We have a section with RULES and a FAQ and such. If people would read those and follow the simple rules they would not get banned. But seriously, if someone is to daft to a) read the rules and b) posts ripped art and then wonders why he/she gets banned, that is totally their problem.

Also, we only ban for 1 year, after that people are free to join up again if they want.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #402 on: April 11, 2008, 01:14:56 pm
How I do it:
-Wash only your scalp with the shampoo, as washing the ends will dry them out.  I mean, wash your hair, but scalp's more important, I'd say.

-Wash a second time with shampoo--key step for dandruff elimination. (optional. I usually do twice every other time.)

-Put in conditioner and let it soak for like 5-10 minutes, based on how much of a hurry you're in, then rinse it out.  Conditioner actually goes in the hair this time, as it would be wasted on the scalp :P

-Then afterwards, brush like a madman.  Start from the bottom of your hair and work towards your scalp because otherwise your hair can tangle and snap and you get split ends.  But yeah, brush a lot; when it gets all dread-ready, brush it.  Sometimes you gotta wet the brush, too, if you have to I mean.

This is a customization of something I got from some fashion site or something and it seems to work pretty well.  I used to be in the same boat of washing my hair and it being a greasy, pre-dread mess by the end of the day, too, and this helped me as far as I can tell.

Wow I never did any of this when I had long hair (I just cut it a few weeks ago), and it was still high-maintenance. I'm a progressive guy and all but there's something weird about having longer hair than your girlfriend. (Or at the very least, it didn't feel very manly that I took longer than her to get ready in the morning)
I mild from suffer dislexia.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #403 on: April 11, 2008, 02:18:10 pm
no

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #404 on: April 11, 2008, 03:52:29 pm
Wish I had long hair again, really suited it, had mine down past my shoulders at one point. Decided to cut it off for shock one day and I really regret doing it.

For a someone with short hair I've had it longish since but end up getting it chopped off again just because I just hate that 'in-between stage' where I just look like a bushy idiot until it's long enough to look decent. Last time I remember wearing hats alot, and one day just took it off, most people I knew had no idea I'd been growing my hair atall  :P.

Do really miss my hair  :(, kept good care of it, still have some straightners, hair-dryer and loads of hair products, don't get much action these days since my hairs like an inch all over as we speak.
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #405 on: April 11, 2008, 05:01:28 pm
Alrighty my hair seems a lot better now, it's been 12 hours since I washed it and it's still clean.
The last time I cut my hair was to keep me awake... I was up for over 50 hours and it made sense at the time.

P.S.
Do we have a term to call each other in a sense of comradery?
Most forums do, just wondering.
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Reo

• aka MechaBarbarian
    • MechaBarbarian
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/11318.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #406 on: April 11, 2008, 05:10:57 pm
Pixelators?pixel artists? ???

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #407 on: April 11, 2008, 05:21:03 pm
How about Broham? :crazy:

Also, I have longer hair than anyone I know :P
I've always washed it the same way Rydin said.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #408 on: April 11, 2008, 06:57:31 pm
Term must have something to do with Bruce Lee... he has always been watching over us.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #409 on: April 11, 2008, 09:26:32 pm
when I was fifteen, i was a hobbit:  http://b2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00341/26/60/341840662_l.jpg
just washed and conditioned, though.  If i put more work in, I was a farie: http://xs126.xs.to/xs126/08155/hmm459.jpg

soft and silky for the most part, but the ends would get frayed within a few months.

now my hair is standard guy's length (more or less an inch...) and i'm thinking of shaving it again.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.