AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 278984 times)

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #320 on: March 07, 2008, 02:23:30 am
I know I'm being slightly hypocritical, but come on, this is off-topic people!  :mean:

Too much coherence and imagined urgency among these last few posts!!!!

Besides, this is a community.  A community that likes to practice working under restrictions.  If you want total freedom, get off the internet and go fly and give the finger or something.  There really isn't free speech on this forum. Fuck.  If it's such an issue, maybe there should be a proper and buerocratic thread for it instead of it crowding up our sweet, innocent off-topic thread?

Plus, this is an art community, not a literature community--fuck words--say what you're thinking with art!!!  It's much more fun that way ;)  And isn't fun the bottom line?  Think about it. :P :P :P :P :P :P

Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #321 on: March 07, 2008, 02:31:11 am
I don't normally say such things but I find your patronizing of the purpose of the forum and the people participating in such a discussion kinda annoying.

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #322 on: March 07, 2008, 02:37:07 am
k, no more from me then.  continue on. :)
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #323 on: March 07, 2008, 02:58:20 am
I like total freedom of speech because then I know who to make scathing remarks at. >:D

Anyway, attempted change of topic: Who likes climbing trees? :crazy:

Also holy crap these new smileys are so damn fun to use for some reason. I COMMEND SNAKE. :)
ACK! now that people are starting to use my little devil I noticed a weee bit of an oversight of mine! his horn actually has a flying pixel on it..I'm gonna do one better and AA it to the BG a wee bit.

<--Fixoredz.

Can a mod pretty please fix it for me?  :crazy: ...damn I feel like updating a bunch of em C.c I wish more of mine were chosen. Oh well, the two best ones got in so who cares...

I'm gonna go and ask again why the rollin sqaures werent implemented....I thought everyone loved em?

« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 03:02:31 am by Conceit »

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #324 on: March 07, 2008, 03:18:29 am
Psh, screw everyone else, I wanted Junkboy's smillies to take the gold....
my back hurts...

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #325 on: March 07, 2008, 05:23:40 am
I just saw the worlds best unmarked cop car - a pale gold pre-millennium Toyota Camry.  not the most badass ride, but nobody will ever notice it until they get their asses busted.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #326 on: March 07, 2008, 10:28:28 am
You should be able to go ahead and say in public that you're planning to kill the president of the united states, God, and 3,000 jews and have no legal retribution other than perhaps being watched by the secret service or a case file or something.

My thoughts exactly.

@Rydin, say what you want, just because helm doesnt like it, doesnt mean you should stop.  people will always disagree with you, helm's not special.

@sheman gill, i love climbing, not trees though, i prefer to go on climbing walls or out on real rocks.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #327 on: March 07, 2008, 11:34:24 am
I don't think it's a matter of me being special or receiving special treatment, or in fact about me wanting to shut Rydin up. I don't. I brought something to his attention. It's one thing to be a champion of free speech and quite another to be inconsiderate about it.

Offline leroy

• Go with the flow
    • View Profile

Reply #328 on: March 07, 2008, 11:41:21 am
http://leroy.ensellitis.com

Which layout do you like better? *puppy eyes* :0' The second one is still WIP.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 11:44:24 am by leroy »

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Reply #329 on: March 07, 2008, 12:53:32 pm
I wish more of mine were chosen.

Yeah, sorry about that one, yours very really really cool, but they also deviated a lot from the original style, and I kinda had to choose between Snake's original ones and yours, which were almost a set on their own. That is not to say that deviation and exploring new unconventional routes are a bad thing, but it left me pretty much with an either or decision.
The angel and devil ones were ok style-consistency-wise, being a deviation from the color-scheme and accessory themselves anyway. Hmm I think I actually also opted for your yus one, and this is strange since I also packed them together, so it was in my hands too heh.

No offense meant, yours rock and have this very unique expressive conceit flavor :)