AuthorTopic: New Years Resolution  (Read 17964 times)

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Re: New Years Resolution

Reply #30 on: January 05, 2008, 03:23:21 pm
Learning Japanese is also one of my resolutions.
I got Japanese for dummies but don't read it enough :)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #31 on: January 06, 2008, 02:00:59 am
I resolve to make no resolution.

But I hope to get better at art and finish a game for once.

Offline madPXL

• PXL Crow
    • View Profile
    • madpxl.com

Reply #32 on: January 06, 2008, 02:05:31 am
New year resolution was to make a new online portfolio.
I've just finished it

http://www.madpxl.com

enjoy !

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Reply #33 on: January 06, 2008, 07:48:29 pm
Well, that's it, you're done for the year.

Offline elise

• View Profile

Reply #34 on: January 09, 2008, 02:45:57 pm
New year resolution was to make a new online portfolio.
I've just finished it

http://www.madpxl.com

enjoy !
Nice. I love the layout... Adding you to my links list.

So far I've starting on the new places/new pictures resolution. -> http://www.flickr.com/photos/inklestinkle/ And I think I've sketched more in the past couple days than I did in all of last year. So that's already an improvement of sorts.

Offline Zenobia

• View Profile
    • Zententia.net

Reply #35 on: January 11, 2008, 05:41:11 pm
My resolution is to skip school as much as possible. Perhaps even going as far as making up a desease.
It's been completely ruining my marks and health the last two years. I can't study for any tests because of my fucked up timetable - I'm in school for so long I don't have enough time to study at home. Oh and trying to catch up during lessons means punishment, naturally. I'm so completely miserable with my classmates (no, I don't have a social disorder - the rest of the world does) and my teachers that I'm completely stressed out. Even now after two weeks of holiday my legs are still shaky and I quickly feel nauceous. So solution: don't go to school, do make the tests. Unless the government gets on my back... but we'll see about that when the time comes.

To the language guy: Two years ago my resolution was to learn how to count to 10 in a different language each week. I made it to 23 languages before I began to fail chemistry.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #36 on: January 11, 2008, 05:58:24 pm
My resolution is to skip school as much as possible. Perhaps even going as far as making up a desease.
It's been completely ruining my marks and health the last two years. I can't study for any tests because of my vucked up timetable - I'm in school for so long I don't have enough time to study at home. Oh and trying to catch up during lessons means punishment, naturally. I'm so completely miserable with my classmates (no, I don't have a social disorder - the rest of the world does) and my teachers that I'm completely stressed out. Even now after two weeks of holiday my legs are still shaky and I quickly feel nauceous. So solution: don't go to school, do make the tests. Unless the government gets on my back... but we'll see about that when the time comes.

Um....let me know how that works out for you...... ???
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Zenobia

• View Profile
    • Zententia.net

Reply #37 on: January 11, 2008, 06:37:20 pm
Well it's been fine this week.
Unless you've got a better suggestion. You've got to experience the Dutch school system to understand I suppose. Everyone foreign I speak to conclude sthe Dutch government excists out of mindless fruitcakes.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #38 on: January 11, 2008, 09:06:00 pm
Yeah, it could be that bad, I don't know.  Where I come from, disease or a broken home are the only reasons to not do well in school, but I don't come from where you come from (by any stretch).
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Zenobia

• View Profile
    • Zententia.net

Reply #39 on: January 11, 2008, 09:22:28 pm
That's how it is. No homeschooling either.
There's been strikes from students all over the country this year. Unfortunately they destroyed lots of things, so the government didn't take too well to that. If anything ever changes though, I'll already have graduated.

*shrugs* I figured I'd post my resolution to see what people'd say. I reckon it's a pretty rare new years resolution.