AuthorTopic: [WIP]mona lisa  (Read 10765 times)

Offline Lawrence

• View Profile

Re: [WIP]mona lisa

Reply #10 on: December 29, 2007, 09:28:51 pm
it's kinda hard to make her smile less suttle on this size of a pixelart I mean you can edit one pixel and not make it suttle enough and you can take away one and make it too suttle :\
Antialiasing fixes that problem. If you only want to put down a fraction of a pixel, make it the average of the colours involved. So for example half a black pixel on a white background would be 50% grey and so forth.

Offline eck

• But why is RUM gone???
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: December 29, 2007, 09:35:49 pm
Also, you need to remove the outlines, and replace them with AA (see my edit for refrence) because right now you are having some banding issues.
untz untz untz?

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: December 29, 2007, 09:40:06 pm
You're definitely gonna need to tweak the colors if you want to get the subtlety, adding a new one is probably the easiest way, without destroying the contrast of the whole thing. That color could furthermore be used as an AA shade.

Just a quickie showing what you might be able to do with it. :y: Though it could very well kill what you were trying to do. Also I tried to get rid of the banding that was going on on the lower face area.

EDIT: Yeah, what Lawrence said. :B

EDIT AGAIN: She doesn't look like she's smiling in mine at all, because of that dastardly last second addition of the shading on the face. Yeah.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 09:44:32 pm by Cow »

Offline happymonster

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: December 29, 2007, 09:54:11 pm
It's typical that when I'm about to post, someone else has beat me to it with something similar!

Anyway, you are still thinking in terms of sprites, or cartoons.. Noses, eyes and mouths do not need to be completely outlined:

This is still way off from the original painting, but should hopefully give you some ideas.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 09:56:39 pm by happymonster »

Offline DJ gman

• what a secksy beast
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: December 29, 2007, 09:56:47 pm
yeah both edits help immensely, although I do like how cow's edit came out with that extra shade it presents a problem to me as well since I'm gonna do this whole pixelart in perler beads when i have all the kinks worked outta it and perler beads don't give much of a variation in shades sadly :\

Offline happymonster

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: December 29, 2007, 09:57:44 pm
Well, my edit used the original colours if that is more suitable for your beads.

Offline DJ gman

• what a secksy beast
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: December 29, 2007, 10:25:28 pm
yeah It's works pretty well with the colors, i just gotta fix that problem i have with banding :\
How would you all rate the background?

Offline eck

• But why is RUM gone???
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: December 29, 2007, 11:28:28 pm
Again, especially if you are going to do this in beads, I would remove a lot of the dither, especially in the sky, because it is going to look to busy and detracting to the eye
untz untz untz?

Offline CrazyMLC

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: December 30, 2007, 02:09:07 am
Everything looks pretty good except for the face, you need to spend a bit more time on it :/

Also, Look at Cow's edit, i think it has a great example of the mouth.

I'd also take a really good look at the actual painting.
http://www.lairweb.org.nz/leonardo/monalisa.jpg

heres my edit.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 02:44:04 am by CrazyMLC »

Offline DJ gman

• what a secksy beast
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: December 30, 2007, 03:27:23 am
actually i had a ref off of wiki i was looking at while making mine. man so many good edits in one topic it's hard to actually judge which is best :blind:

I'll work on mine from the ideas presented to me sometime tommarow and post my edit on here.