AuthorTopic: lorzid  (Read 3317 times)

Offline Gnarf

• nnnnt
    • View Profile
    • el presto blog

lorzid

on: December 24, 2007, 09:00:03 am

don't know where to go with skin tones.  i havent pixeled in a while, so the techniques are lost...or they were never there to begin with.

oh and he'll be holding a lantern which totally changes the lightsource i initially had in mind.

Offline iEmo

• Whats on the other side?
    • View Profile

Re: lorzid

Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 04:42:24 pm
I like the concept of this. His feet look alittle small for his body. And his left arm looks alittle long compared to his left. But then again its up and hard to tell. I'd really like to see where this is going
I'm new!

Offline griffy6

• Agnostic
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 11:06:03 pm
Interesting WIP. The shading on his face looks like somebody sneezed on him, and it seems he broke his right arm.

Offline shaheen

• Hardcore Lurker
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 12:40:18 am
I like this. Has potential. I made an edit here which mostly targets anatomy/balance issues.

If you don't do it already, I highly recommend frequently doing a horizontal flip on your work when drawing figures to make sure they're in balance. Looking at something from your comfort zone for too long in drawing makes it difficult to discern errors like these.

The main issue I saw with the anatomy was the connection of the arms to the torso. What I've added in the edit is that muscle (bah, I should really learn proper muscle terms) between the neck and the shoulder. It's fairly evident when holding your arm up like that. Where you had just a straight neck, I added in that little bump which roughly looks like the what I'm referring to. For the connection underneath the shoulder (armpit) to the torso, I can't exactly explain it in words, but hopefully you can see what I've added. Take a loot at this photo ( http://images1.comstock.com/Imagewarehouse/GS/SITECS/NLWMCompingVersions/gs215/gs215003.jpg ) for a good reference for the armpit and all since my edit doesn't show it off all that well. I also shifted up the position of the sword-wielding arm's shoulder. Don't mind the bulkiness. Feel free to tone it down, that's just due to my sloppiness while editing.

Back to the balance issue: yours has the guy standing in a diagonal line, in which case it appears that he should be falling on his back. Mine's still not exact, could be shifted a bit more backwards, but I basically straightened out that invisible line the figure is based on. It's good to flip the image like I said for solving these problems.

So, yeah. I'm no expert with this stuff, but I hope you can at least be pushed in the right direction with this for those issues by checking some references yourself. I look forward to the finished piece.

Offline Gnarf

• nnnnt
    • View Profile
    • el presto blog

Reply #4 on: December 25, 2007, 04:21:17 am
Thanks guys, and big thanks for the crits Khris.  I'll have an edit up soon.  I see the balance issue now, it's just that the tail threw me off a bit.  I'm going to keep him less muscular than your edit, but I see the points you were attempting to make.  Also, for now griffy, the shading is just being used as a guideline.  I'm going to detail it a bit more.

Grazie :]