AuthorTopic: Hamma' Time :// finished  (Read 12080 times)

Offline Jericho

• View Profile
    • AppleLoaf Valley

Re: Hamma' Time :// EDITS

Reply #10 on: December 24, 2007, 12:02:09 pm
thinking about a longer animation sequence starting with the title screen and moving past character selection

wip of title screen

EDIT://

General idea

« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 01:07:51 pm by Jericho »
Alice is dead. We cut off her head.

Offline Arachne

• View Profile
    • Retinal Eclipse

Reply #11 on: December 24, 2007, 01:51:12 pm
Their hands and feet are tiny. I think their limbs might get lost in any details on the ground, so I'd make them a bit easier to see, and I think the dryer should be bigger since it's an important item (more than the bow) and the frog's hammer is much bigger. Also, the tent in the title screen looks a bit flat. Try darkening the sides so that it'll look more cylindrical. The top looks nice, though. :)

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Reply #12 on: December 24, 2007, 05:01:12 pm
The inside of the tent doesn't read as the inside of a tent.  I thought I was seeing through it into space, since space is the same color.

Offline Jericho

• View Profile
    • AppleLoaf Valley

Reply #13 on: December 24, 2007, 05:23:30 pm
Their hands and feet are tiny. I think their limbs might get lost in any details on the ground, so I'd make them a bit easier to see, and I think the dryer should be bigger since it's an important item (more than the bow) and the frog's hammer is much bigger. Also, the tent in the title screen looks a bit flat. Try darkening the sides so that it'll look more cylindrical. The top looks nice, though. :)

Yeah I agree the the dryer is a bit small haha I'll try and size it up some more. I'm not too too worried about their limbs being small..it's just kind of the chibi style i was going for i guess. I'll try giving one of them bigger limbs and see if i like it though :)

Oh and you're right, i've fixed the tent now haha (not uploaded tho)

The inside of the tent doesn't read as the inside of a tent.  I thought I was seeing through it into space, since space is the same color.

any suggestions on how to make that look better?

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Reply #14 on: December 24, 2007, 05:30:34 pm
Oops.  :-X

I suggest a more gradual transition from the planet color to the purple, like this:

Offline Jericho

• View Profile
    • AppleLoaf Valley

Reply #15 on: December 24, 2007, 05:58:16 pm
ahh you're right that looks much better, I'll give it a shot :) thanks!

Offline Arachne

• View Profile
    • Retinal Eclipse

Reply #16 on: December 25, 2007, 12:41:19 pm
I finally found the time to make an edit of the giraffe, so here are a few suggestions. I'm sure a lot of it's just a matter of personal preference, but maybe it'll give you some ideas. :)

First of all, I think it's off balance. Centering the neck and head more makes the pose less dynamic, but I don't think you have much of a choice with tiny legs and feet close together. It would either need bigger feet or longer legs.

I didn't think the brown you're using as an outline works very well. I'd use solid purple for the parts in shadow and the darkest color from the animal on the brighter parts. Mixing two contrasting colors like that just makes it look muddled.

I also think cleaning up the outlines would be a good idea.

I experimented with the limbs a bit and tried to keep the tiny legs while giving them some more "filling" rather than being mostly just outlines.

The arm around the dryer looks weird. It's not really holding it, just placed on top of it.

The highlights on the head are pure white without the buffer shade you're using on the stomach. There's also a shade of orange you're not using elsewhere around the mouth. I removed it and added another shade to the dryer to make it fit more with the rest.

Offline Jericho

• View Profile
    • AppleLoaf Valley

Reply #17 on: December 26, 2007, 04:51:57 pm
heey awesome, thanks for the edit and critique :). I've bene workingon the animation so i've not had time to go back tothe characters yte but I'll be doing that next haha

heres an update

need to do:
-loop animation somehow
-go back to characters and make edits

Offline Jericho

• View Profile
    • AppleLoaf Valley

Reply #18 on: December 26, 2007, 06:10:56 pm
Quote from: Arachne

First of all, I think it's off balance. Centering the neck and head more makes the pose less dynamic, but I don't think you have much of a choice with tiny legs and feet close together. It would either need bigger feet or longer legs.

you're right it's a bit off balance haha. I've moved the head to the right a few pixels and added in bigger feet

I didn't think the brown you're using as an outline works very well. I'd use solid purple for the parts in shadow and the darkest color from the animal on the brighter parts. Mixing two contrasting colors like that just makes it look muddled.

hmm..well the brown was used in order to keep colour count down. It was taken form the frog and is also used on the flamingo. I'm not sure what you mean by contrasting colours haha. On my screen they look find x__x;. I'm pretty sure my colours are okay too as i've checked calibration before and it was okay. The colour you used in the edit i think is just too light aswell. If I can find another colour that i'm already using somewhere that will work better I'll do it though :)

I experimented with the limbs a bit and tried to keep the tiny legs while giving them some more "filling" rather than being mostly just outlines.

The arm around the dryer looks weird. It's not really holding it, just placed on top of it.
I think it's just that its so small that it looks like that.  hopefully i've remedies the issue

The highlights on the head are pure white without the buffer shade you're using on the stomach. There's also a shade of orange you're not using elsewhere around the mouth.

ooops haha the lack of buffer on the head highlight was just me forgetting to do it haha. I'll fix that next update

------------------------------------------

------------------

EDIT:///sorry for the double post x_o I'll merge them into one if need be?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 06:12:31 pm by Jericho »

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #19 on: December 26, 2007, 06:58:25 pm
Frankly, I liked the tiny legs and feet. If you change them though, I'd say go with the middlest of each. (the tapering leg-nubs)
Also, the L in larry is not capitalized...
Unless it's meant to read Iarry.