AuthorTopic: Hamma' Time :// finished  (Read 12083 times)

Offline Jericho

• View Profile
    • AppleLoaf Valley

Hamma' Time :// finished

on: December 19, 2007, 10:14:49 am
Some pixel doodles haha. I was in the mood to draw animals. Critique is welcomed but be nice xD

I'll probably add some more later :)

« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 03:27:21 pm by Jericho »
Alice is dead. We cut off her head.

Offline Pickspy

• View Profile

Re: Hamma' Time (doodlez)

Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 03:49:13 pm
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 09:00:22 am by Pickspy »

Offline Hyrule_SwordsMan

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 04:53:35 pm
They are cute!
You should add some AA on the black outlines.
The black border between the girafe's head and its neck seems a bit wreid. Maybe replace the black color with a brown one. :)

Offline Jericho

• View Profile
    • AppleLoaf Valley

Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 05:07:17 pm
@Pickspsy: oh the head looks much better like that xD. and you're right I'll add more colours

@swordsman: well..the line is mostly brown already haha, but i understand what you mean.

I'll make some edit later

Offline Jericho

• View Profile
    • AppleLoaf Valley

Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 12:00:54 am
wip #2 :

added more colours + knife wielding flamingo

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 01:24:48 am
DELICIOUS COLORS!  ;D

My biggest concern right now is the crunchy outlines.  I mean, I really dig the fact that they are purple, but they just feel "messy" right now, you know?
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Jericho

• View Profile
    • AppleLoaf Valley

Reply #6 on: December 21, 2007, 03:27:26 am
DELICIOUS COLORS!  ;D

My biggest concern right now is the crunchy outlines.  I mean, I really dig the fact that they are purple, but they just feel "messy" right now, you know?

hahaha crunchy xD

I'll work on the outlines :)

Offline Jericho

• View Profile
    • AppleLoaf Valley

Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 07:44:10 am

update :3. I coloured the flamingo

uhh i changed the liens some too. probably not any better but i'm working on it i guess lol x__x.

EDIT://

decided i might join the latest PJ challenge if i can get it done in time haha

« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 10:39:44 am by Jericho »

Offline cave

• Strawberries! :3
    • View Profile
    • Colocada

Re: Hamma' Time :// EDITS

Reply #8 on: December 23, 2007, 04:40:53 am
FWIW, I don't think a messy finish is necessarily a bad thing. Cartoony styles like what you're doing now can work quite well with it. Also, I love your outrageously neon color pallete. One thing that bothers me is that is seems like you are moving away from your own style with the flamingo. Its proportions aren't deformed like the frog's and the giraffe's, and it's making the style look inconsistent. Also the shade of pink you chose isn't burning my eyes enough, make it hotter. :)

Edit: One more thing: I think it would totally look cooler if the flamingo was holding his knife with its raised foot.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 04:44:22 am by cave »

Offline Jericho

• View Profile
    • AppleLoaf Valley

Re: Hamma' Time :// EDITS

Reply #9 on: December 23, 2007, 06:28:15 am
FWIW, I don't think a messy finish is necessarily a bad thing. Cartoony styles like what you're doing now can work quite well with it. Also, I love your outrageously neon color pallete. One thing that bothers me is that is seems like you are moving away from your own style with the flamingo. Its proportions aren't deformed like the frog's and the giraffe's, and it's making the style look inconsistent. Also the shade of pink you chose isn't burning my eyes enough, make it hotter. :)

Edit: One more thing: I think it would totally look cooler if the flamingo was holding his knife with its raised foot.

hmm on my screen the pink looks relatively the same in it's..uh...neonness.. xD haha. I'll try adjusting the saturation on my next update.  As for the flamingo itself..well it's a bird..and most birds in general don't really get fat..let alone flamingos LOL .i wasnt going to give it a beer gut and belly button which is really what is making the other two seem so similar i guess. That's how i see it anyways. I'm not sure how i could change the flamingo to 'match' better as you suggest :).

Although it would certainly be amusing to see a flamingo holding a knife by it's foot, i dont think it would be practical for game play..how would he attack+move at the same time? XD Poor Larry would be making himself a gimp! haha

anyways here's an update :)

I don't really like the character stats but i can't think of anything else -_-;