AuthorTopic: Newcomer  (Read 4228 times)

Offline BlackFang

• View Profile

Newcomer

on: December 18, 2007, 02:57:26 pm
Hi there, im a member of pixel joint for like a year, but i´m not receiving enough help on the forums there, and i read some of the topics here and i saw that here the help is more specificaly than there... i dont think im good in pixel art, i suck on textures and all, i just think im a good "drawer"... and im not very good in english as well...

Anyway, my name is Leonardo and im brazillian... here is the current project im working, his name is Sir Gold n01 (out of 5)... im haveing problems with the perspective of the arm... here is the current update and a gif with the changes on the arm:

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Re: Newcomer

Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 11:14:37 pm
Whoa!  :o

It looks amazing!
I don't really see any problems to be honest.
Though if you want me to be really nitpicky, I could suggest to make the angle of the wrist end slanted upwards a bit. It looks a little too slanted downwards in the pic.
You could probbaly even get away with making the whole wrist end a straight line.

I could be wrong on the suggestion, so get more oponions first.  :)

By the way, I'd say your English is fine. Also, I like your name.

Offline eck

• But why is RUM gone???
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 12:01:05 am
all three of the body parts are in different perspectives. 
untz untz untz?

Offline BlackFang

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 12:39:29 am
Ryona thanks =D, your name(or nick) is cool to, but in fact i think my name is too "serious" i prefeer be called leo, even my parents call me this way =P
and about the wrist, that exactly what im doing now, the animated gif have 2 frames one with and onw whithout, the frame with the wirst is the wrong one, the hole angle of the arm was wrong, so im making it again, im asking for help so that i dont make the arm all over again and discover later that was wrong again...

Eck, the perspectives are different because they are rotated, moved and stuff, but if you find a huge mistake point them more directly please

Offline BlackFang

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 03:31:50 am
I will update early beacuse im not very confident with the new wrist and the left arm percpective
need some comments please

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 04:30:18 am
Looks good. I like your way of outlining. I think you should post a rough lineart with the full body instead of doing things piece by piece. It would
help you to draw and others to criticise the perspective.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline BlackFang

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 04:41:26 am
Yeah, i agree with you, i do all wrong, i never finish the outlines before painting... i just cant resist, when the inspiration comes i prefer not to stop =P

An example is what i just did, i will place the left hand on the right arm, but i colored almost the entire arm anyway =P

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 04:36:09 am
The 1 on his shoulder looks a little crude - it seems too thick in my opinion. You should also make sure it runs parralel to the edges of the shoulder. Since the two edges are not parallel, then make it an average of the two. What I mean is, the right edge of the one is too diagonal compared to the right edge of the shoulder, so it looks out of perspective.

The blue light looks good except for on the yellow part of the shoulder. I think that the blue light should be brighter than the yellow highlight. That is, turning on a blue light should only make the room brighter, not darker.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline BlackFang

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: December 22, 2007, 02:11:24 pm
Need some feedback on the hand, and i tried to fix the "1" and the blue light... i have decided to dont make his legs now, ill stop when the body hit the arms, probably i finish it on the future, but now i have some other pieces to fix/finish