AuthorTopic: Me.  (Read 2990 times)

Offline Jesed

• Sprites are the best XD
    • View Profile

Me.

on: December 18, 2007, 02:41:36 am
Well I took my time to make a new sprite and I based on myself to make a new one here it is.

It have 38 colors.

-Jesed

Offline Jolly

• eve
    • View Profile

Re: Me.

Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 11:55:35 am
Try to avoid pillowshading.
Also I think it would look a lot cleaner with less colors.

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 10:22:36 pm
There are a few anatomical problems you should notice. Our arms are fairly even. Shoulder to elbow is almost the same distance from elbow to hand/wrist. The legs don't look like they're even lengths. His right (our left) leg must be short.
You also seem to be suffering from some pillow shading.
I did a shoddy edit.

I played with the colors and his left (our right) arm. His hair was changed to grey for some reason and I moved his arm. Take whatever you can from the edit. I was hoping the hair wouldn't look so noisy. Sorry about that.

Offline skoby

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 11:10:18 am
I tried to show you how the arms and legs should be, I'm not an expert on anatomy but these look a lot better to me.  I also tried to correct your shading, making you jacket look more ruffled and trying to give it more realistic shading.  Im not happy with my edit on the jeans.  The main problem isn't the highlighting but that jeans fade more on the knee and at the base, but just highlighting it there makes it look like I've got some crazy lighting going on but I hope my edit helps :).  I left the face and hair alone, I would of probably just made it worse as it's really not my style of face and JonathanOfDrain's edit would certainly be better than mine there.

yosh64

Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 11:46:50 am
hey

I done an edit earlier today, and thought I'd post.

Basically I tried to better define the lighting. I also reduced and changed the palette, and also changed the stripes and such to make things easier to read and such.

Hmm, I might go over and better explain things later, anyhows I hope it helps.

cyas
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 11:50:36 am by yosh64 »