AuthorTopic: Little devil  (Read 2443 times)

Offline Jesed

• Sprites are the best XD
    • View Profile

Little devil

on: December 17, 2007, 04:36:09 am
Well here is my last creation XD still need some work but I did it like in a half hour xD...

-Jesed

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

Re: Little devil

Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 05:45:52 am
Take your time! There's no need to rush anything. What's with the high color count? Did you start playing with this in photoshop or something? you really need to use a lot less reds. His posture is pretty weird too. Maybe you should lose the balloon heads. Go for something a little less circular. Maybe aim for something a bit more realistic. Not necessarily a human face but something believable. google Hell Boy for examples of realistic devil peoples :D.
Seems to be leaning back a bit, probably from the heavy head. Hmmm maybe spending more time on a piece could help.

Offline Hyrule_SwordsMan

• View Profile

Re: Little devil

Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 04:57:35 pm
Well, there's a lot to say about this.
You have used a lot of colors for a work that can be perfectly done with few.
The horns don't seem to have any deph. Instead of shading it's top, shade one side of it.
I'm not really a fan of outlines everywhere. You should shade them and add some AA.
You could also add some texture to the skin of the devil.
He looks like he is falling down. Review it's skeleton and pose. His center of gravity seems missplaced.
His t-shirt is kinda wreid. First of all make HUE variations and don't use so much saturation.

At first try to fix some stuff, post it and then I can continue :)
cheers