AuthorTopic: Ground tiles - and in the future more tiles  (Read 2224 times)

Offline laladriel

• View Profile

Ground tiles - and in the future more tiles

on: November 03, 2020, 03:35:30 am
Hello,
I am making tiles for upcoming game  :P and I need a little bit of  fresh air. Sides are ok I think, but the upper part is bad. Wanted maybe some crack, on top and clay edge, that didn't go well.

Maybe its compatible with Chasm style ground? We really adore Dan Fressler's style... I will have to give it a try, but I have to fix those horizontal ground and slopes as well :o

We wanted more slopes, like 1x1, 2x1 and maybe 3x1 angles, but it will be probably a lot to do by only myself and we really want more biomes too, not counting monsters and some custom pieces for  every lvl, etc.

Someone have some ideas, how to make it look nicer? I will post updates.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 01:36:17 am by laladriel »

Offline laladriel

• View Profile

Re: Ground tiles - and in the future more tiles

Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 01:31:22 am
https://imgur.com/67A8ubQ
I like where it goes, but I still feel I dont have control over pixels :)  Maybe its still ok to do mockups and get running alpha.
After changing the palette a little bit, its much more pleasing to eye. I looked into it now and the color palettes cant be copyrighted. Maybe you can write to original author and tell him about it, but no legal claim can be done.

Upper left corner is ground from chasm (colors might be distorted a little bit), down are some previous version of upper tiles, flat grass on the right, mine also, similar to Anges (Arachne) thou :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 01:47:43 am by laladriel »