AuthorTopic: TMNT (Ninja Turtles) RPG [WIP]  (Read 18702 times)

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Re: Old TMNT RPG work with new updates (and other stuff)

Reply #20 on: June 24, 2008, 01:45:38 pm
I might need help with programming it, so I'll keep you in mind.  ;)

As for the length of the game, I'm trying to keep this one short just for the sake of getting this game done. It'll actually be just one level.
But I do have plans to make more games that will be continuations of the same game... Releasing one short game after another, which are all connected into one story.
In the long run, when the whole series is complete, I'll then connect them all into one complete game package.

The story is based off of the original series from the 80s, and it continues off from the first season. The difference is that this story will replace what happened in the animated series after season 1 with a new continuation story.

I'll be adding tidbits from different universes such as the classic comic book series, the new 2003 animated series, and the movies.  ;D

If anyone has any ideas they'd like to toss in, feel free to do so! ^_^

Offline gamingjustin

• View Profile

Re: TMNT (Ninja Turtles) RPG [WIP]

Reply #21 on: June 26, 2008, 02:34:33 am
Cool stuff Ryona. Despite them being small you draw very eye pleasing graphics and you retain your style; looking between your avatar and sprites I can easily tell the same person did them.  I guess my only so-called critique would be similar to others': kick up that saturation. Although the turtles are so well-defined I'd still like to see 'em a little brighter-- that's just me, though.

Also, I'll take a PM for a link to those comics you mentioned if that's okay. Although, couldn't you post a link here with a big ole NSFW preceding it?

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: June 28, 2008, 09:58:29 pm
A tiny update...

I kicked up the saturation a bit, and I have to say, they do look better. I've always been worried about making them too vibrant in fear that they may start to look "radioactive" with brightness.

On the side-topic, I'm not really comfortable with posting adult pixel art (or links to adult pixel art) because, well, I don't want to be labled a pervert in the Pixelation community. lol
But I'll definetly send you a link through PM.

Offline Luzeke

• I draw, therefore I ink.
    • View Profile
    • inkBot

Reply #23 on: June 28, 2008, 11:18:21 pm
Nice stuff as always!  :)

Have been on a TMNT rush myself the past couple of weeks (watched through the entire 2k3 series a while ago) and got the urge to make a Shredder sprite in the style of your game. Hope you don't mind. :D (Used your April sprite for size reference)

It's not 100% spot on. But then again, didn't spend much time on it (about 20 min)
I went for a mix of the 2k3 style and the first live action movie style of Shredder.

Let's face it, Shredder is the coolest villain ever (not counting the inept Shredder from the 1987 cartoon though).

:)

EDIT// Ah! I just noticed I put his hand blades on the wrong hand  :huh: , Shredder is left handed not right handed.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 11:23:31 pm by Luzeke »

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #24 on: June 29, 2008, 01:35:53 am
Oh wow! That looks great!  ;D
Love the design. I may very well be inspired by your Shredder when I finally create him.
I really like the mix of 2k3 Shredder with Movie Shredder. Very nice style.  :)

Though, going by the 2k3 style, his claws are on his left hand... Take a look here... http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/8339/shredderten2if5.jpg

Anyway, you got me interested in posting some of my incomplete characters. I just recently designed Leatherhead to add to this post.  ;D

Feel free to design more characters, Luzeke. I'd be interested see your personal take on Krang.

Offline Luzeke

• I draw, therefore I ink.
    • View Profile
    • inkBot

Reply #25 on: June 29, 2008, 02:28:54 am
Oh wow! That looks great!  ;D
Love the design. I may very well be inspired by your Shredder when I finally create him.
I really like the mix of 2k3 Shredder with Movie Shredder. Very nice style.  :)
Thank you!  :)

Though, going by the 2k3 style, his claws are on his left hand... Take a look here... http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/8339/shredderten2if5.jpg
Yeah, you're right. I actually wrote wrong there. I'd meant to write that he's right handed and not left handed, but I was really tired when I wrote it (it was about 2AM or something here then)

And btw, he has the claws on the left hand in the 1991 movie as well.  :)

Anyway, you got me interested in posting some of my incomplete characters. I just recently designed Leatherhead to add to this post.  ;D

Feel free to design more characters, Luzeke. I'd be interested see your personal take on Krang.

Cool! I dig the Leatherhead and casey Jones sprites. There are so many characters you can throw in, especially if you mix the different series. Triceratons, Professor Honeycutt, Ancient One (he would be an awesome sprite, all small and chubby) etc. Although I do prefer the Utroms over Krang. And let's not forget the Rat King http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/71/TMNT405EpisodeGuide.png

;D
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 03:40:21 pm by Luzeke »

Offline robotacon

• robotacon
    • View Profile
    • It Got Dark

Reply #26 on: June 29, 2008, 06:20:16 am
Since I don't like RPGs I'd like to see a top-scroller with this graphics instead
kind of like "Nightmare" on MSX.

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #27 on: June 29, 2008, 12:15:12 pm
I really like these... the only thing that bothers me is the color choice. You've gone with a very cute style but the colors on the turtles are kind of depressing. I think the color needs to pop a little more.
I boosted the contrast, and then boosted the saturation on the skin to show what I mean:

I think it makes everything a lot more readable and more pleasant on the eyes as well.
I mild from suffer dislexia.

Offline Antago

• View Profile

Reply #28 on: June 29, 2008, 06:15:49 pm
I agree, if Ben would let you just go with the colors he chose. They pop far superiorly and make me happy :)

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #29 on: June 29, 2008, 08:52:35 pm
Youch, that's bright! Like, "staring into the sun" bright!

*puts on sunglasses*

lol, I tease, but really, I'm trying to go with a realistic level of saturation for their skin tones.
I'm trying to stay away from pure saturated colors like these...

And your edit is awfuly close to that.

I'll see about kicking up the saturation a bit more, but I want to keep a natural tone of green for the TMNT.

I appreciate the edit, but that's just really too NEON for my liking. ...even if they do pop out more.

My backgrounds aren't going to be very bright either, so the sprites will stand out.
Also, the actual size of the game screen will be x4

:MODIFIED:

Here's an example...

« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 09:14:13 pm by Ryona »