AuthorTopic: TMNT (Ninja Turtles) RPG [WIP]  (Read 18703 times)

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Re: Old TMNT RPG work with new updates (and other stuff)

Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 08:16:13 am
hmm I'll see what I can do about Raph's arms, though I figured that because his arms are crossed, they would be more inward in the fold than outward.

About the sidewalls, yeah, I noticed they look weird. I tried to space all the bricks exactly the way they should be, but it resulted in those weird curved lines. I'm going to try to fix that.

And yes, I made everything on MS Paint.

Thankies for the crits. I'll get to work on them.

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 12:56:37 pm
I think the sprites are just great, and I love how you've overemphasized the tie of their masks.  One thing I think you could do would be to make them a little more green.  A less saturated green would work for larger sprites, but (depending on some aspects of gameplay) I think you would want to have the turtles be instantly recognizable on-screen.  If you kick up the saturation a little more, it'll scream "TURTLE!"

This is a cool project, you're doing a great job.

Offline HTD

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 08:32:51 pm
I love these sprites.
Its ashame you find 2D slow as I would love for you to complete these so that someone might use them to create a great turtle game.
Okay one slight comment here, its about Raphs face... I think his smile should be made to reflect more Anger as thats kinda how it works for his personality.
You got Leo's serious perfectly, donnies kindness and mikes carefree attitude down.
I think Raph just looks to similar to mikes smile and needs a little tweaking to reflect that stubborn shrude attitude we all know him and love him for.

Really love this post :y:

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 09:52:15 pm
I love TMNT  :crazy: awesome you're doing this, Im liking your sprites I think they read pretty well and the larger versions look very well done. My only concern is it all seems a bit flat and desaturated, theres just something that tells me everything could be that much more bolder, the character should look crisper and over all more defined. I've tried to illustrate how I mean but looking at a lot of your previous work it seems you are very clued up about this stuff but something just seems lacking with these particular characters. I've tried my hand at a small edit of Raph just to illustrate, I have no idea if you're working to a restricted palette or anything I really just think you could do with more contrast, bolder colours and making full use of your palette.

>>

very quickly done and incomplete but hope it helps atall..  :ouch:
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: January 10, 2008, 10:44:44 pm
The outlines on the left got a little too dark (and all outlines with that colour) in there, but the edit says it all, nice one Terley.

Offline Phlox

• huh??? what???
    • View Profile
    • Can Games

Reply #15 on: January 11, 2008, 10:41:45 pm
I'm a huge TMNT fan so i would love to see this game actually be made i think you should try and get a play able version out even if it is only w few levels. Maybe hire a programmer or find someone who would like to help you make it for free.  But i love the art its amazing the effects and stuff are great far better than i could do ever.This really looks like it could be  a legit gameboy game, its amazing.   :y: :D
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 10:53:05 pm by Phlox »

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: January 12, 2008, 04:24:00 am
the perspective breaks down on your side walls.  try making them measure up a bit better to the front one which is quite nice.  you'll need to bust out some sub pixel but it will be worth it.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline surt

• Meat by-product
    • not_surt
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2254.htm
    • View Profile
    • Uninhabitant

Reply #17 on: January 12, 2008, 04:35:55 am
The viewing angle of the character sprites doesn't seem to fit in with that of the walls.
The camera angle of the characters seems lower even then that of the northern wall, when ideally it would sit in the middle of those of the north and south walls.

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008, 04:37:17 pm
Yeah, I know... I'm reserecting a dead thread from the grave. Bad Ryona! BAD! >.<

If you'll all forgive me, I got some new goodies to show you all...

I know it's not much of an update, but I got more stuff in the works that I'm not ready to show yet. Also, I got other projects and other stuff going on in my life, so It's not often I work on this.

Anyway, let me know what you think! ^_^
(Oh, and those familiar with my works from the past will notice something "trademark" of mine. lol)

Oh, and also I had decided to make characters able to move, jump, attack, etc in diaginal directions too rather than just north/west/south/east, so yeah, it's taking a while... -_-

I love these sprites.
Its ashame you find 2D slow as I would love for you to complete these so that someone might use them to create a great turtle game.
Okay one slight comment here, its about Raphs face... I think his smile should be made to reflect more Anger as thats kinda how it works for his personality.
You got Leo's serious perfectly, donnies kindness and mikes carefree attitude down.
I think Raph just looks to similar to mikes smile and needs a little tweaking to reflect that stubborn shrude attitude we all know him and love him for.

Really love this post :y:

Good point about Raph, but I'm actually going with more of the Raphael from the original series, where he didn't have his anger-management issues. lol
Old-school Raph is my fave type. I like how he's cool, sarcastic, witty, and a dependable team-player... unlike the other Raph... haha

I love TMNT  :crazy: awesome you're doing this, Im liking your sprites I think they read pretty well and the larger versions look very well done. My only concern is it all seems a bit flat and desaturated, theres just something that tells me everything could be that much more bolder, the character should look crisper and over all more defined. I've tried to illustrate how I mean but looking at a lot of your previous work it seems you are very clued up about this stuff but something just seems lacking with these particular characters. I've tried my hand at a small edit of Raph just to illustrate, I have no idea if you're working to a restricted palette or anything I really just think you could do with more contrast, bolder colours and making full use of your palette.

>>

very quickly done and incomplete but hope it helps atall..  :ouch:

Oh that's a nice edit, Terley.  :)
I've taken your suggestion and am working on rendering the large image sprites with some depth and stuff. ^_~

the perspective breaks down on your side walls.  try making them measure up a bit better to the front one which is quite nice.  you'll need to bust out some sub pixel but it will be worth it.

Yeah, I noticed the problem, and I've already taken care of it. I'll post new background scenes later.
Thanks for the head's up.  :y:
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 04:41:57 pm by Ryona »

Offline wah_wah_69

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: June 19, 2008, 06:53:15 pm
This is looking really nice!

I offer my help programming this in case you need someone.

You thought about balancing the power of each character, raphael has one point extra in his power up and one less in his normal attack.

Do you have in mind the structure of the game? I mean,length of the game,levels , bosses, etc...

If only I were 9 years old again and have all the time in the world to play this...

ps: Love your avatar.