AuthorTopic: [WIP] Green Guy  (Read 2779 times)

Offline Demeno

• View Profile

[WIP] Green Guy

on: December 16, 2007, 09:37:12 pm
Decided to start pixeling something random...
Started with a curved line that became the nose, and continued from there...
For some reason I thought at the beginning that burning eye-brows are a good idea, gave up on that later on...

C+C please...

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Green Guy

Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 06:04:09 am
Nice! This head is totally amusing, which I love. I really like how you've shown the progress here.
The end result is great, though I think the lips need to stand out more like they did before. Leave them green. Just make the lines more visible.

Great work.  :)

Offline Sharm

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Green Guy

Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 04:44:06 pm
Personally, I liked the colored lips better, without them he looks a bit like he was molded out of army man plastic.  That might be helped by some hue shifts or some sort of background to better place what he is.  He looks like some sort of merman or something to me.  Ooh, or maybe a djinn. ^_^  The expression you're getting from the eyes does not match the lower part of the face.  With the eyes I'm getting serous, or frowning, and I think I'd like him with a grumpy frown.  If you'd rather keep the smile, I'd move some of the lines around on the forehead to indicate that if he had eyebrows, they'd be in a higher, happy position.  His ear seems oddly attached to his head, like ear canal goes down his neck instead of inside his head.  Take a look at your own ear, and how it really connects to your head.  I think it'd help if the curve away from the head was lower down and less drastic.