AuthorTopic: forest mockup  (Read 13240 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: forest mockup

Reply #20 on: December 15, 2007, 04:42:01 am
None of  the color edits thus far in my opinion have significantly helped the piece. They have given it different directions, but they have not proved them to be more valid than the slightly more washed-out original with the red leaves. That also happens to capture a pretty nice ambience. Not to discredit the work of those that are helping, but I don't see them being very successful here. If anything I'd add a bit of saturation in the bg tiles of the original mockup (yes, therefore moving it closer to the foreground, I see no problem with that. Value range differentiates the layers clearly in my view) and call it done. Very Henk Nieborg'ish, very nice mockup.

Offline mattness

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: December 15, 2007, 04:19:33 pm
Awesome mockup vierbit!  ;)

My opinion is near to Helm's, so I made noobish background experiments with saturation and brightness on Indigo-Arne's edit:

I also liked very much orange leaves and violet sky from the first image, so I made another one:

On 1st edit I prefer the"brightness: +10" solution, on the 2nd one the "saturation: -50 , brightness: +10" solution.

Hope animations will not be messy for you; I can pause the sequence by clickin on Firefox upper bar with right mouse.

- - -

NEW - Same experiment on original background, but now decreasing brightness:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 05:49:47 pm by mattness »
<<You chanted the Resurrection Spell. You've been revived in the Realm.>>

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: December 15, 2007, 09:32:08 pm
I think it needs some parallax?