AuthorTopic: Another Tut by me : Anatomy  (Read 11663 times)

Offline Locrian

• View Profile
    • BURHTUN: online portfolio

Re: Another Tut by me : Anatomy

Reply #10 on: November 29, 2005, 12:22:32 am
Well the most obvious things are the lower arm is wider than the upper arm, the lower leg is wider than upper leg, and the feet are ginormous.  Obviously a stylistic exaggeration (I hope).  But not my cup of tea, and maybe not the best thing to do if you're trying to teach proper anatomy.  Hips and crotch look strange too. 

I'm sure most people here will benefit from this though.   Its a pretty common mistake on pixel boards to make the muscles on outer side of legs and arms sit at same level as inner side.  You've clearly shown that the outer sits higher.  Your exaggeration might actually be good for this.  And its nice to have a quick ref on the board for them.  A nice springboard.   For seriously learning anatomy though, I'd suggest they just pick up a pencil and read some books.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 12:31:57 am by Locrian »

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #11 on: November 29, 2005, 02:15:16 am
 The tutorial made really easy, I would recommend to not change it.

Offline Kazuya Mochu

• ^thx Larwick
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio website

Reply #12 on: November 29, 2005, 03:10:35 am
I dont see this as a "this is the correct way". I do find some anatomy errors, but I take this more as a "keep in mind that" tutorial. like "when this happens, dont forget that this and this and this changes".

I find it very clear and simple. keep it up! thumbs up for you.

of course I will not advise this tutorial as a guide line for correct human proportions. I meen, look at thoes feet :D . but its a really simple way of displaying what happens with the body in certain situations.

Kaz
Image size doesn't matter! It's what you do with your pixels that counts!

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #13 on: November 29, 2005, 06:40:32 am
of course I will not advise this tutorial as a guide line for correct human proportions. I meen, look at thoes feet :D . but its a really simple way of displaying what happens with the body in certain situations.

just as long as the original artist knows and makes it plain that this is in no way realistic proportion or anatomy study, but more of the superhero type, and even then, with wildly exaggerated parts