AuthorTopic: Four girls game sprites  (Read 10333 times)

Offline Hyrule_SwordsMan

• View Profile

Re: Four girls game sprites

Reply #20 on: December 14, 2007, 07:57:57 pm
I'm angry about the ofense and all the comments about what you presume I made.

I think that it is absolutley out of place telling what I am for making what, what do I have to do or what will hapend if not.
Tell me, is it on the rules telling where did I get the pose from? check pixel by pixel and you'll notice that it's not a rip.

There's nothing in the world I care less than your usage of the word ripped.

I suppose you called me stupid because you felt that way thinking that, the sprite i've made, was a not-pose-inspirated sprite, and suddenly realized that it has certain similarities with a sprite you knew all your life. Eather way I don't care.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 08:14:38 pm by Hyrule_SwordsMan »

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #21 on: December 14, 2007, 08:28:45 pm
Rule 2: Do not rip artwork. Ever!

Always clearly state what your references were in making a piece. If you sketched in pencil, color-reduced to 1bit and then went to work on it, okay. Ways like this are completely accepted and nobody's going to shout at your for it, but it's good to know anyway. If you stole somebody else's artwork, 1bitted it and then submitted it for critique, not okay. If caught red-handed, by moderators or users, and the case is clear you ripped, you will be banned and forgotten forever. Other similar instances of fraudulent behaviour like posting other people's artwork without permission (regardless of them being edited or not) or jobs without delivering the promised payment will reap similar rewards.

It says in the Rules to state your references. And it is clear that you referenced Seiken Densetsu.
Some bits in the face and legs are virtually identical as far as pixelplacement goes.

It is also not appropriate to go around and cuss at people, especially after they apologise.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Hyrule_SwordsMan

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: December 14, 2007, 09:34:04 pm
Rule 2: Do not rip artwork. Ever!

Always clearly state what your references were in making a piece. If you sketched in pencil, color-reduced to 1bit and then went to work on it, okay. Ways like this are completely accepted and nobody's going to shout at your for it, but it's good to know anyway. If you stole somebody else's artwork, 1bitted it and then submitted it for critique, not okay. If caught red-handed, by moderators or users, and the case is clear you ripped, you will be banned and forgotten forever. Other similar instances of fraudulent behaviour like posting other people's artwork without permission (regardless of them being edited or not) or jobs without delivering the promised payment will reap similar rewards.

It says in the Rules to state your references. And it is clear that you referenced Seiken Densetsu.
Some bits in the face and legs are virtually identical as far as pixelplacement goes.

It is also not appropriate to go around and cuss at people, especially after they apologise.

Okay. "...the face and legs are virtually identical... " The face I've made it much much much before even knowing thins page. The legs are similir and you can't count on the virtually identical knwo that it's a 16x32 sprite. How many sprites on the world has some identical pixels without being even similar?

I can't kill everybody in the world, say that I'm sorry and be a good man for apologizing.

Anyways, I think that this discusion may stop because we are getting off the topic and that is not allowed.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #23 on: December 14, 2007, 10:11:05 pm
Indeed, this discussion will stop now, because I am locking this thread for several reasons.

You are being overly offensive and you seem to have an attitude problem and should reconsider your usage of the forum.
Also, who do you think you are telling an adminsitrator that he is going offtopic on your thread? Attitude again.
This earns you a strike, 2 more and you are out.

Also I advise you to read the RULES and FAQ if you have not already.

There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.