AuthorTopic: Four girls game sprites  (Read 10365 times)

Offline Hyrule_SwordsMan

• View Profile

Four girls game sprites

on: December 11, 2007, 07:25:27 pm
Hi there
Check these sprites of four different girls
comments? critics?

Updated body, faces and the blue hair

EDIT: the default view is x2
some references:

« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 09:10:13 pm by Hyrule_SwordsMan »

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile

Re: Four girls game sprites

Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 07:49:53 pm
In the drawings only the first one is 'girly' but looks like a young boy way more.
In your sprites its damn hard to read the bodies. And put on some clothes! :P

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 10:42:56 pm
Umm, simply long hair does not make a girl D:
' _ '

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 10:45:02 pm
Correct, otherwise I'd be a girl!

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 03:20:23 am
Correct, otherwise I'd be a girl!
You aren't?!?! But you have long hair and ....  everything  :'(

For the sake of staying on topic, I think the girls need a bit more definition. I think the colors of the hair look ok. The body needs some contrast, since it's so light there's no depth and everything looks kind of flat. Also you might want to thin the legs a bit.

Offline MikeG

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 04:33:22 pm
I really like the hair on these, especially the second one. However, all their expressions look bored. The reference images are all lookin sort of sassy and confident, so maybe slant the eyebrows a bit or somethin, i dunno.

I think you should also lose a lot of the thickness in the legs, and narrow the shoulders a bit. they all look very... erm... masculine.

Offline Hyrule_SwordsMan

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 11:08:57 pm
I really like the hair on these, especially the second one. However, all their expressions look bored. The reference images are all lookin sort of sassy and confident, so maybe slant the eyebrows a bit or somethin, i dunno.

I think you should also lose a lot of the thickness in the legs, and narrow the shoulders a bit. they all look very... erm... masculine.
yep, specially the 3rd one :S
it's maybe because I started with a man sprite for reference.
I think the 1st one is ok with her body, in exemption of her legs

Offline MrMister

• meltymorph
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 07:30:27 am
I too, would be vagined..

Right now the boobs look like pecs. Boob them up a little :-[
it might be a one shot deal

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 02:44:20 pm
Actually, on that small size, I think that the stub-legs are killing any way of defining clothes and details that you may have. Not a good thing, I'd suggest you thin them down a bit.

And, well, breasts are hard to go, but these look a little too saggy for being so stylized. The rest of their bodies look very claydollish while the boobs look very pouch-y.

Umm, just random thoughts. My brain is kind of dead today so critique is all over the place :D
' _ '

Offline Hyrule_SwordsMan

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: December 13, 2007, 08:57:52 pm

Updated body, faces and the blue hair

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #10 on: December 13, 2007, 10:59:39 pm
Definately an improvement!

Bodies are a bit skewed now, but at this scale, sacrificing (sacrifying? scrfiafyzingerz? spelling!? D:>) anatomical proportions for dynamics is completely ok!

Also, now you have room for clothes, etc, and poses! Great progress (:!

Shading is a bit wonky, though O: Left (their right) foot needs more definition. Bright shading on stomach does not make sense, looks like their skins have bright patches there.

And so on.. (: Still improvement! Which is nice.
' _ '

Offline Derek

• View Profile
    • derekyu.com

Reply #11 on: December 14, 2007, 02:01:26 am

Yours

Seiken Densetsu 3

:ouch:

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: December 14, 2007, 02:18:30 am
Heh, I got the 'perhaps this is seiken densetsu-rippedhigly referenced/nearly traced?'-vibe, but I couldn't be assed to look, or rather, I was at the SLOW computer, so opening new pages took ages.

Well dangit, hyrule_swordsman, are you stupid enough to think that people on a pixelation forum don't recognize their beloved video game characters?

And please just be open and serious about that you directly-referenced this. You'll probably get banned (but I wouldn't know, I'm not a moderator), but I know that bad excuses will give you an insta-ban.

Saying 'I'm sorry' and explaining why the heck you did it, and actually making an attempt yourself might let you stay.

Perhaps :\
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 02:54:45 pm by Jad »
' _ '

Offline MrMister

• meltymorph
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: December 14, 2007, 02:53:07 am
Wow... for shame.  :huh:
You should have ripped off Secret of Mana.

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Reply #14 on: December 14, 2007, 05:04:12 am
Heh, Seiken Densetsu is Secret of Mana  ;)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #15 on: December 14, 2007, 10:16:13 am
These aren't ripped though the poses are obviously referenced. Still, what does Hyrule who is a swordsman say about this?

Offline MrMister

• meltymorph
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: December 14, 2007, 11:07:23 am
Heh, Seiken Densetsu is Secret of Mana  ;)
Seiken Densetsu is Final Fantasy Legend.
2 is Secret of Mana, 3 is the one that every jRPG fan jizzes over despite its complete inferiority

Offline Hyrule_SwordsMan

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: December 14, 2007, 05:04:35 pm
what the fcuking siht!?
jad, What is this about stupidity? Are you blaming me!? I don't know what are you thinking but you are no one to talk to me like that.

I haven't ripped it so please stfu and ask before like Helm did.

First of all the head is the same style as ALL seiken densetsu (that includes sword of mana, secret of mana, of evermore, childer of mana, etc.) style. The pose was referenced to Angela and what? So then, I think if you sprite Link is fcuking illegal because it exists and you will get banned

I still can't believe that you are calling me stupid-

I better shut up about you for the sake of whatever

*incledible*
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 05:09:14 pm by Hyrule_SwordsMan »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #18 on: December 14, 2007, 05:12:53 pm
..what?

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: December 14, 2007, 07:06:12 pm
what the fcuking siht!?
jad, What is this about stupidity? Are you blaming me!? I don't know what are you thinking but you are no one to talk to me like that.

I haven't ripped it so please stfu and ask before like Helm did.

First of all the head is the same style as ALL seiken densetsu (that includes sword of mana, secret of mana, of evermore, childer of mana, etc.) style. The pose was referenced to Angela and what? So then, I think if you sprite Link is fcuking illegal because it exists and you will get banned

I still can't believe that you are calling me stupid-

I better shut up about you for the sake of whatever

*incledible*

Oh goddamnit.

I'm terribly sorry for the usage of the word 'Ripped', it was inappropriate and I apologize.

I also apologize for assuming that you did this in an attempt to trick us, and thus claim that you may have been 'stupid', had your motive been to try to trick us that the pose was not directly referenced from the sprite.

Anyhow, that may not be the case, in which case I apologize.

The thing is, that if you directly reference art and do not provide the sources yourself, you will eventually be accused for withholding it, something that can get you banned. Obviously I wasn't threatening you, I'm not a moderator.

Sorry for the use of the word 'ripped', it was a mistake from my side. I meant to say directly referenced (you could as well have traced it, sadly)

Also, if your motive was to make us believe that you had created the pose originally without reference (which I thought), you would have been stupid.

Since this seems to not be the case, I'm not at all calling you stupid. I apologize for angering you.

Anyhow, in the end, what are you so angry about? If you can explain yourself clearly, no one will be accusing you of anything.
' _ '

Offline Hyrule_SwordsMan

• View Profile

Reply #20 on: December 14, 2007, 07:57:57 pm
I'm angry about the ofense and all the comments about what you presume I made.

I think that it is absolutley out of place telling what I am for making what, what do I have to do or what will hapend if not.
Tell me, is it on the rules telling where did I get the pose from? check pixel by pixel and you'll notice that it's not a rip.

There's nothing in the world I care less than your usage of the word ripped.

I suppose you called me stupid because you felt that way thinking that, the sprite i've made, was a not-pose-inspirated sprite, and suddenly realized that it has certain similarities with a sprite you knew all your life. Eather way I don't care.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 08:14:38 pm by Hyrule_SwordsMan »

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #21 on: December 14, 2007, 08:28:45 pm
Rule 2: Do not rip artwork. Ever!

Always clearly state what your references were in making a piece. If you sketched in pencil, color-reduced to 1bit and then went to work on it, okay. Ways like this are completely accepted and nobody's going to shout at your for it, but it's good to know anyway. If you stole somebody else's artwork, 1bitted it and then submitted it for critique, not okay. If caught red-handed, by moderators or users, and the case is clear you ripped, you will be banned and forgotten forever. Other similar instances of fraudulent behaviour like posting other people's artwork without permission (regardless of them being edited or not) or jobs without delivering the promised payment will reap similar rewards.

It says in the Rules to state your references. And it is clear that you referenced Seiken Densetsu.
Some bits in the face and legs are virtually identical as far as pixelplacement goes.

It is also not appropriate to go around and cuss at people, especially after they apologise.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Hyrule_SwordsMan

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: December 14, 2007, 09:34:04 pm
Rule 2: Do not rip artwork. Ever!

Always clearly state what your references were in making a piece. If you sketched in pencil, color-reduced to 1bit and then went to work on it, okay. Ways like this are completely accepted and nobody's going to shout at your for it, but it's good to know anyway. If you stole somebody else's artwork, 1bitted it and then submitted it for critique, not okay. If caught red-handed, by moderators or users, and the case is clear you ripped, you will be banned and forgotten forever. Other similar instances of fraudulent behaviour like posting other people's artwork without permission (regardless of them being edited or not) or jobs without delivering the promised payment will reap similar rewards.

It says in the Rules to state your references. And it is clear that you referenced Seiken Densetsu.
Some bits in the face and legs are virtually identical as far as pixelplacement goes.

It is also not appropriate to go around and cuss at people, especially after they apologise.

Okay. "...the face and legs are virtually identical... " The face I've made it much much much before even knowing thins page. The legs are similir and you can't count on the virtually identical knwo that it's a 16x32 sprite. How many sprites on the world has some identical pixels without being even similar?

I can't kill everybody in the world, say that I'm sorry and be a good man for apologizing.

Anyways, I think that this discusion may stop because we are getting off the topic and that is not allowed.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #23 on: December 14, 2007, 10:11:05 pm
Indeed, this discussion will stop now, because I am locking this thread for several reasons.

You are being overly offensive and you seem to have an attitude problem and should reconsider your usage of the forum.
Also, who do you think you are telling an adminsitrator that he is going offtopic on your thread? Attitude again.
This earns you a strike, 2 more and you are out.

Also I advise you to read the RULES and FAQ if you have not already.

There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.