AuthorTopic: [WIP] [Nudity] Jalie  (Read 6358 times)

Offline Ryan Cordel

• Hi! I'm Daisy!
    • View Profile

[WIP] [Nudity] Jalie

on: December 10, 2007, 04:13:53 pm
Okay, the low down on this sprite is that she's more or less a hybrid of the human and Aqrillic (An underwater type.) species, genes spread out 50/50. This explains why she might miss the nose, ears (And as it seems now, the chin, which was unintentionally), which is characteristic of the Aqrillic ones in that they have no nose, no irises and no ears, relying on tiny slits that have great sensors. (They're not excuses, honestly.)
Now I see this as partially done, but I still guess I could use any help on it. I'm not sure if I have to fully reform the character, but if it has to go that way, I'll see. The character's mostly nude due to the fact that she's, well, a nudist. Her more private parts are concealed and only appear during certain times, which would be a bit to embarrassing to disclose on such a forum. (I was toying around with the text a bit, but, meh. I, however, did work on a gray background before, before moving down to black so I could apply the selout. Sorry Helm. >_>; )

Guns away, fellas. ><

Offline Stefano

• 10 different types of soup
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART profile

Re: [WIP] [Nudity] Jalie

Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 10:39:19 pm
Even at first glance, I can see quite a few anatomic issues, but I'm not sure entirely sure I should bring them up since she's a human-"Aqrillic" halfbreed and I would be talking of the human body.
What I can tell you is that I think she's too blue and shinny as if she was made of plastic or wearing a latex outfit (Uh! Me likes that! :D). The area around the eyes don't look so good either IMO... I don't know if those two protuberances are supposed to be fins, but they currently look like a pair of 50's glasses or even Wolverine's uniform.

Again: since I've never heard of such race (except for one other sprite I've found on Google :D), I feel commenting on it would be quite a shot in the dark, unless you share some more of the Aqrillic species anatomic specifics.

Looking forward to do an edit on this one. I mean, if that's ok with you.

Cheers,
-Stefano

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 11:03:15 pm
I dunno about her private parts but that her crotch just splits like that, it looks completely weird. It's like she has pants for legs. :\
' _ '

Offline Stefano

• 10 different types of soup
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART profile

Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 11:45:55 pm
Maybe it's part of the Aqrillic anatomy. ::)

Jokes aside, I agree that it looks wrong.
Please, give us more info so we can critique your piece properly, Ryan.

Offline heyy13

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 01:14:12 am
I think i can mention the lack of knees and a defined elbow reguardless of Aqrillic anatomy, simply because even water creatures require joints. Currently she can't bend her legs, which would not facilitate swimming. The arms also just curve, as if they were made with vertabra and ribs and not a joint. As an appendage however it is extremely unlikely that it would be constructed like that. But hey! If you were going for that look. *shrugs*

Currently almost everything about the anatomy seems off...

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 01:18:12 am
she doesn't have a pelvis. Her abdomen flows directly into two bodies like this

|
 / \

which is wrong, I guess. What you need is this

\     /
 /   '   \
|    -   |

\  ||  /
  \ || /
   U U
  | || |
   \||/
    hh
   /-|-\

the legs lack form too.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 01:20:40 am by Helm »

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 03:52:35 am
Not defined it too much and im not too clued up with anatomy but I'd still suggest something a bit like this Ryan.

this could potentially be a great learning experience if you researched a bit into the female form, I think it's vital even for an alien to clue up on human anatomy. Or animal anatomy if it were more of a beastish creature.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 04:13:18 am by Terley »
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 04:31:14 am
The legs in Terley's edit look kind of... short. :-\

They're supposed to be the same length as the whole rest of the body, yessah?
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 01:41:38 pm
The legs were always short, they are in terley's edit, and likewise in the original work.
' _ '

Offline Ryan Cordel

• Hi! I'm Daisy!
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 02:02:26 pm
Thank you very much Terley, I really see now what the hell I did wrong. And anywho, sorry for not replying for a while, but I'll try to see what I can remember about the species themselves.

The species are mostly aquatic in nature, predating humans by a lengthy while. Standardly, they are green in nature, have no irises, nose, ears or any sort of proper 'hair', instead of having some sort of dread lock appendages. The 'ears', nose and such are mostly small slits that are hard to see, but provide some good/great (Depending on 'race' of the Aqrillic and person.) sensory. Somewhere from the neck down, near the chest, they have dark green armor like plating. Near their rear sides, they have large tails that extend down to their knees, the lower half being covered in the same hardened armor plating. Where their crotches would be, the armor plating extends down there a bit too but ends just a bit before the tail. There is another, just slightly larger slit which allows their prehensile member hood to peek out. Their feet are also somewhat webbed as are their hands partially. Some of them have marks on their head at birth.
One of the more unique things with them, is that both genders have the capability of carrying a child and giving birth, although they still look different in birth, their systems are rather like the same. (Excluding that the females don't, ofcourse, have such a 'member') Jalie, as she's was the result of human and Aqrillic female copulation, has some traits from humans and Aqrillic alike, which include the hair, the irises and the slightly more human like anatomy, and a longer, non-armored tail that extends down to her feet. Her feet aren't webbed together unlike the Aqrillic, and her skin isn't as silky smooth, more human like, compared to the Aqrillic. Also, in comparison to most of the females, she's supposed to be more muscle bound.

And yes, those spikes were a bit 'set-in-plan' for the character.

EDIT: Looking back at forth, I've based some of the fixes on Terley's edit, although I looked back and forth, between mine and his and adjusted mine to be closer to his, while adjusting the breasts a little. Sorry if it seems close.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 09:40:10 pm by Ryan Cordel »