AuthorTopic: New Years Resolution  (Read 17966 times)

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Re: New Years Resolution

Reply #40 on: January 11, 2008, 09:55:36 pm
You know, technically, if you committed yourself to study on your own...I mean, like really study; read and apply, not just skim a little bit.....and if you made an active and dedicated attempt at building and perfecting your skills (the skills you think you'll need to do well in life)...and make sure to keep a certain level of social interaction (that you'd miss out from not going to school), you could pretty much do without school at all.....all you'll really miss out on is the wisdom you might absorb from older teachers.  :-\   Not to instigate or anything.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline elise

• View Profile

Reply #41 on: January 12, 2008, 12:05:33 am
It sucks that homeschooling's not allowed there. It didn't work out for me cause I'm a lazy bum, but the majority of the other kids in the homeschool co-op we belonged to finished their studies in less time than the usual school schedule and are smarter than most kids I know that have attended private and public schools. But of course, I live in Louisiana so that's not saying much.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #42 on: January 12, 2008, 01:03:29 am
WEll ive broken mine... oh dear.

i guess a more reasonable one would be to get 3 As in my A levels.