AuthorTopic: Little samurai guy.. C/c  (Read 8506 times)

Offline thedaemon

• thedaemon
    • View Profile
    • personal website

Re: Long time since I've pixeled. C/c

Reply #10 on: December 07, 2007, 04:54:37 pm
I'm at work so I can't frame by frame crit your animations but here's what I noticed.

Kick: When his foot goes into the air at the most extreme he is off balance. Move his body to his left. Also you have him looking to his right before he kick, a rule of fighting is that you never take your eyes off of your opponent. It also looks like he would be doing a side kick but you have him faced a bit too forward. Maybe its just cause he's so tiny.

Punch: You have his left hand which is lower, punching higher than this right hand. I would reverse the extremes of the punches. The motion blur is cool and all but I think you should add it last. You should also lean the character into each punch. When he punches with his left lean him to the right, and vice versa.

I hope this advice helps. If you need any more explanation I will glady help when I get home and have Promotion to work with.
gemini://thedaemons.space
https://thedaemons.space

Offline AdamTierney

• View Profile
    • Adam's Page

Reply #11 on: December 07, 2007, 11:14:24 pm
Samurai is very cute, I like the ideas behind the animations. What I would adjust is:

1) Run: Make his left arm bob less (like his right arm), spread the feet out from his center point a little so they don't touch as much. With how cutesy his design is, you can probably show the whole underside of each foot wen it swings up. Also animate a hair bob.
2) Punch: Very cute anim. When he turns to the side before striking, make his left foot less of a full sideview - it's a bit jarring. The position his left foot ends up in is also a bit up and high. Try moving it down 1 pixel and in 1-2 pixels. I'd get rid of the swoop art on the foot, as well as his left fist, leaving it only on the right fist. A little trick if you add even more UMPH! to the punch - in the frame where it freezes and is big now, replace that first with one even bigger (maybe 1 pixel out on all sides), then on the next frame pull it back to the fist you have now. That'll give it a springy, super-strong swing, enough that the fist actually recoils a little.
3) Double punch: Get rid of the swooshes (too much for a weaker punch) and spin the body a little with each punch. Give him a unique pose per fist, even if the differences between each pose are minimal. This whill make the whole thing feel snappier.

Cheers,

Adam

Offline Chaos Tayoko

• Pixel Ninja!
    • View Profile
    • Tayoko's Website

Reply #12 on: December 09, 2007, 09:17:58 pm
Alright, I made an edit to my Run. On top of fixing the obvious problems, I got rid the the "flashing jacket" .

< Old || New>
Who's is a cheap, reliable Artist? Me!
http://tayokoart.com

Offline Chaos Tayoko

• Pixel Ninja!
    • View Profile
    • Tayoko's Website

Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 12:03:29 am
Having a Little troble with the side view? Any tips?.

No, I didn't forget about fixing the punch/kick.... I worked on them for too long, I need a change before i can go back to them.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 01:05:57 am
You could probably move his arm a pixel closer to the right.
Just a second...
MeinYous
Quick 10 min edit.
Mostly things that are dependent on personal preference.
I gave him a more neutral stance and removed the outline between his sleeve and jacket.
I also made his nose more prominent.

Beyond that, though, I think somethings wrong with his feet, but I have no honest idea what and my edit looks just as awkward.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Chaos Tayoko

• Pixel Ninja!
    • View Profile
    • Tayoko's Website

Reply #15 on: December 11, 2007, 08:28:34 pm
Thanks Sherman, that gave me an idea how to fix it, how does this look:
<Old || New>

Offline Chaos Tayoko

• Pixel Ninja!
    • View Profile
    • Tayoko's Website

Re: Little samurai guy.. C/c

Reply #16 on: December 13, 2007, 10:26:51 pm
well here is my shot at ficing the perspective issue. 

Well, the pose too static, will i'll keep trying to make something more exciting.

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Re: Little samurai guy.. C/c

Reply #17 on: December 13, 2007, 11:00:56 pm
Is he punching or standing still? He looks totally dynamic, but the neck and head looks static and kind of onconfortably bent forward.

I'm confused :D
' _ '