AuthorTopic: "One for me, one for the pan"  (Read 4792 times)

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

"One for me, one for the pan"

on: November 28, 2007, 11:21:06 am
I like to draw sitting on the floor while watching documentaries or cooking programs or travel programs, because they're not as intensive as fictional series and don't demand constant alertness. So, series that are good for this are: Keith Floyd's cooking programs, Time Team, Michael Palin's travel series etc.. So here's Keith Floyd. Kinda random. ;)

--> 

The bg bugs me.. I just can't think of anything to put in there. Stripes didn't work very well. :-\
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 06:24:22 am by JJ Naas »

Offline DrDerekDoctors

• View Profile

Re: "One for me, one for the pan"

Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 10:24:10 pm
Not as craggy as I remember him but the real grevious mistake is that he's holding a pint! A pint! Keith's a red wine man! ;)

Quite a pleasant sprite, though, with plenty of character.
--

DrDerekDoctors

Offline Hyrule_SwordsMan

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 02:24:21 am
Pretty cool!
Check the cheek's light, his hand and his two-white-things-over-his-clothers (strips...). make soime AA between his arm and his clothers
and one more thing He has a lot of blur on the tip of his nose.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 11:05:50 am
Isn't the flesh ramp a bit too conservative? Some hue variation wouldn't hurt this. The question is, what sort of mood do you want this to go for? Tell me keywords like 'nostalgic' or 'happy' whatever, and there are colors that convey that mood much better than 'I am a capcom sprite' saturated fleshies. Think one step beyond execution and consider aesthetics.

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 12:12:01 pm
DrDerekDoctors: Thanks. This is him in the earliest of his series.. Floyd on Spain. So not much grey hair yet. I'll give him some wine instead, then. ;)

Hyruly_SwordsMan: Thanks. I'll check the light and AA issues.

Helm: I haven't been able to decide on the bg scene so that's why I haven't dare to come up with any hue shifts for the skin tones either. Should it be a hot kitchen or a sunny garden? I agree it could be more interesting.

I'm sort of working this into an avatar.

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 06:27:24 am
Here's the latest, still unpolished, with some stray pixels here and there. Considering that this is the setting, what can I do to make the lighting more interesting?

Offline Ryan Cordel

• Hi! I'm Daisy!
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 03:38:34 pm
A possible secondary lightsource, maybe from the sun, a blue or such lamp nearby but offscreen, slight shine to his hair. Quite a bit of possibilities if you think about it.