AuthorTopic: girl sitting  (Read 12055 times)

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Re: [WIP] girl sitting

Reply #20 on: November 29, 2007, 02:00:24 am
Just gonna crit your colourusage here. You are being rather wastefull. 59 colours without transparency.
The main problem is that you are going 'hair is blue, skin is skincolour and some blush and i need extracolour for the eyeshadow aa as well' and so on.
Having ramps which mix and intersect makes a picture look less sterile and more looking like a whole instead of seperated pieces.

My edit is VERY all out. It has 16 colours and trans. With 32 colours which is still almost half what you have atm you could have it way closer to your original in terms of colours and at the same time could pull the whole picture together a bit more.

You seem to be on a good way.  :y:
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: November 29, 2007, 04:02:15 am

heh, that reminds me so much of that piece you showed me with the wonderful use of a single green to suggest new color ranges.  very nicely done in this application too :P

wait, 16??  last i heard you were getting it to 24??

:y: :y: :y:
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline The Lord Noob

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: December 05, 2007, 10:43:00 am
 :y: It seems really good so far, But i dont like the left foot (Her right) It doesn't look right ???I cant really give any particular advice on how to fix it, i will leave that to the experts. The 2 feet seem different shapes and sizes
But it is really good

Otherwise i think it is one of the best nonanimatated pic ive seen so far

Offline elise

• View Profile

Re: girl sitting

Reply #23 on: December 21, 2007, 06:47:51 am
Well, there's still flaws that I see yet can't figure out how to fix so for now I'm done... I'm sick of looking at her. ;)

I will continue messing around with the colors to see if I can figure out a way to reduce them on my own... although I LOVE your edit, ptoing. I just can't seem to figure out how to make a palette like that myself (and I don't want to just gank yours). Just gotta practice and experiment more, I guess. Fun stuff.

Even though I don't plan on editing too much more, I'd still like to hear any c&c. It'd be helpful for next time around.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #24 on: December 21, 2007, 01:22:20 pm
What you have looks quite good. And if you keep at it you will deffo get a lot better. When I started with pixelart it took me quite some time to get all the techniques down and get good with colours.

I would suggest that for your next picture make a palette before you start pixelling, like 16 colours with a full range of value, from white over midcolours to black.

Helm has some excellent examples of this in his PJ gallery http://pixeljoint.com/p/2203.htm

:y:
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Jericho

• View Profile
    • AppleLoaf Valley

Reply #25 on: December 21, 2007, 01:30:49 pm
Is there a specific reason you used a black outline for the outer edges but left low contrast on every other outline? I'd suggest either getting rid of the black, or using the black somewhere else in the image and uping the contrast on some of your lines and shadows to give it more depth.
Alice is dead. We cut off her head.

Offline happymonster

• View Profile

Reply #26 on: December 21, 2007, 06:04:34 pm
I think the elbow in the left (our view) is balancing wrong. It looks to me like it is slightly too high and too much to the left, as if it was about to slip of her knee. It should be pressing into the skin on her knee and deforming both the skirt and the skin because of all the weight on it.

Also the left upper leg (again our view) seems to be going straight out over the top of the crate while the right seems to be bent up more. Yet both feet are in the same line (with the bottom of the crate). So this is wrong.

Offline Merick

• View Profile

Reply #27 on: December 22, 2007, 03:30:30 am
I like this image, but there was something about it that seemed familiar and I finally realized what it was. If you were to change the hairstyle, she almost looks like Jade from the Jackie Chan Adventures

Offline Elk

• Choice Architect & Nudger
    • elkdarkshire
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/4683.htm
    • darkshire
    • darkshire.elk
    • View Profile

Reply #28 on: December 26, 2007, 05:17:58 pm
theres a fold missing imo...
shes leaning on her palm which normally creates a fold at the eye (i hope you know what i mean) according to the face

Open for business
elkdarkshire@gmail.com
Elk#2299